No announcement yet.

Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never been on a guided deer hunt, but I’d expect the guide not be sleeping during the day unless I was. To me a 4-5 hour nap while your clients are waiting to go hunt is pretty unacceptable. Having the client wake you up in the morning is also not how these things should go either….if you were going to do a spot and stalk then I probably should’ve been communicated the night before.

Hope they’re on a big one this morning.

Comment

Guide slept in on the last morning of the hunt. When he woke up he'd be seeing my taillights heading out of the gate. F that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        Guide is way too young. Your food, you cook and clean, you’ve done plenty. Imo, I wouldn’t pay more than 50%.
        At what age are you not considered "way too young" anymore?

Comment

Contact Malone Outdoors. 1-254-722-9031. Central TX area

Comment

Hopefully they pull through and you get a good one. It does not appear to be a very pleasurable experience.

Comment

If they come back from this mornings hunt unsuccessful, in a calm and respectful manner I would ask the guide what he thinks he earned (any amount over the $500 already paid). Hear what he has to say, then you counter back with why you think he hasn’t earned a single dollar then meet somewhere in the middle and pay him (if it’s not a crazy amount) so you go home feeling like you did the right thing and also told him what you thought/teach him a life lesson.

But I’m only 29, so I may be too young to have an opinion .

Comment

I would tip 20% of the deposit or $100. If they kill something If they kill something this morning then 15% of total.

Part of the problem is you waiting till the last day to make VERY clear and almost demand your expectations.

" I don't mind feeding everyone and tipping, but I expect "x" this trip." I think the younger the guide the more that should be said upfront in a polite manner.

$500 deposit is a pretty dang cheap hunt these days, kill fee or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                  Disagree big time- I ain’t paying that kind of money for a 20 year old or a 24 year old that ain’t seen a tenth of the deer that I’ve seen or killed. That’s just me.
                  You’re that guy. The one every guide prays they don’t get stuck with. Just because you’ve seen a lot of deer doesn’t mean you’ve seen lots of deer on the place you booked a hunt on or have any idea what the goals for that place are. I guided from the time I was 16-20ish and I can promise you I would not be out worked or be the reason for failure in any of my hunts that I was responsible for. I was going to be putting in work weeks before you got there scouting and getting my ducks in a row so that when my hunters showed up I could make it as easy as possible and we could all have a successful hunt. Age has nothing to do with it. Lazy has everything to do with it.

Comment

Did guide communicate hunting times, methods each day, etc? My bags would have been packed and a phone call to landowner asking for deposit back.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      You didn’t hurt my feeling. You spout off your grumpy old man BS as usual. Go yell at some clouds grandpa and STFU lol
                      Haaaaaaa. Well done!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Update- my faith in humanity has been restored, the hunt is over , they returned at 10:00 am unsuccessful, the guide apologized and offered my deposit back for not getting it done and I told him no need to apologize as it’s hunting and not a zoo , if it had been a meat hunt it would have been over the first hunt but we were looking for a certain class of deer and nothing less, I shook his hand and gave him $200.00 more dollars, to me this was for him offering my deposit back ! The hunt continues for a 150+ class deer for my son .

Comment

Glad it worked out.

Comment

Nice ending.

In addition to thanking and praising him for his offer at the end of the hunt and doing the right thing, I hope you did give him some sage advice on his actions prior to this moment. Explain to him the tip was not for his actions over the weekend, but his actions for doing the right thing in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
                                Update- my faith in humanity has been restored, the hunt is over , they returned at 10:00 am unsuccessful, the guide apologized and offered my deposit back for not getting it done and I told him no need to apologize as it’s hunting and not a zoo , if it had been a meat hunt it would have been over the first hunt but we were looking for a certain class of deer and nothing less, I shook his hand and gave him $200.00 more dollars, to me this was for him offering my deposit back ! The hunt continues for a 150+ class deer for my son .
                                Good attitude and good luck on the quest! I would have just told him to keep the $500, but your call obviously. Was hoping they would get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X