No announcement yet.

Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey trophy8- sorry I hurt your little feelings. Dont get your panties in a wad. Again, you added your crap to the list of crap on this forum. As always, somebody gives their opinion on something like I did, and here you come with the bashing. You Probly couldn’t guide a 10 year old, much less me for 5g.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      $3750 x zero effort = zero
      This.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          deerslayer64d - Did you get anything in writing or was it just one phone call?

Are you sure you owe no more money since no opportunity was provided? Or is that the point of this thread, to try and convince yourself it's ok to leave without paying?

What's the ranch name/website? That may clear things up.
          I apologize if I wasn’t clear. My question was if I’m Morley obligated to pay him a tip above the $500 deposit already paid? As of this moment no opportunity has been presented at a 150 or better class deer therefore the $3750 kill fee does not apply. My gut tells me I owe nothing more but I am wired a bit different than most and just want to do what’s right

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
            I apologize if I wasn’t clear. My question was if I’m Morley obligated to pay him a tip above the $500 deposit already paid? As of this moment no opportunity has been presented at a 150 or better class deer therefore the $3750 kill fee does not apply. My gut tells me I owe nothing more but I am wired a bit different than most and just want to do what’s right

Thanks for clearing that up. Some places you pay in full regardless. At least you’re only out $500. Imo you owe nothing. They wasted your weekend if you don’t have a single opportunity at a deer you went there for.

If you feel the guide deserves something after today then pay what you think is right and move on.

Comment

My take on it is...you owe nothing more than the agreed upon $500. However, if your "inner man" tells you to tip the guide, then do it. It's your money and if it will help you sleep better at night, then do it.

Cheers,
              M

Comment

Did you ever voice your displeasure about lack of effort with the Dad when he came by in the evenings?? Hindsight is certainly easier and I get you probably didn’t want to make waves. Tough situation for sure. I just hope you have to pay because your son got a great deer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                  Hey trophy8- sorry I hurt your little feelings. Dont get your panties in a wad. Again, you added your crap to the list of crap on this forum. As always, somebody gives their opinion on something like I did, and here you come with the bashing. You Probly couldn’t guide a 10 year old, much less me for 5g.
                  Another insightful post.

Thanks

Comment

Now that you cleared that up, I would have a very nice but firm conversation with the guide and his dad and give zero tip.

Comment

I would argue the steak dinners and hot breakfasts constitute a tip in this specific situation, unless it was discussed that you would be providing all meals for the entire camp previously. As you mentioned, you would probably feel differently if they were busting their tail all day long, up early, in bed late, etc... But that is not the case. Chalk it up to a $500 weekend with your son and move on to better, more fruitful, pastures. Fingers crossed he gets his buck this AM and all of this talk is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Thanks for clearing that up. Some places you pay in full regardless. At least you’re only out $500. Imo you owe nothing. They wasted your weekend if you don’t have a single opportunity at a deer you went there for.
                        If you feel the guide deserves something after today then pay what you think is right and move on.
                        I wouldn't go that far. He had an entire weekend of hunting (him and his son) that included lodging. Just a BnB anywhere would cost around $500 for a weekend.

Were you satisfied with the blind set ups, deer feeders, lodging, and uber rides to blinds? Were you happy with guide at the start and unhappy once you didn't see enough game?

You technically owe nothing. Tip is for great service. Unless they told you up front to please tip the guide that is.

I have no idea how hunting is there but all around here is slower than ever.

Whatever you decide just go with it and try to not worry. Doesn't hurt to try and talk to the guy. Only you really know the effort he put in (or didn't)

Add in an entire different debate Why should what he tips be different if they luck into a buck this morning? The guide worked "X" hard.
                        Last edited by RiverRat1; 11-21-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          You didn’t hurt my feeling. You spout off your grumpy old man BS as usual. Go yell at some clouds grandpa and STFU lol

Comment

No. No trophy fee for no kill. If you feel the hunt wasn’t up to your expectations then you’ve already paid the agreed upon deposit and that’s that. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and head home. Remind your boy it’s hunting. And thank God you got to enjoy some time in the woods together. Hopefully they kill this morning. If not it’s still better than being at work!

Comment

I agree with this but have always been told not to guide the guide, that being said here it is 6:12 am and the guy is still sleeping
                              i know what your saying deerslayer, there are NO requirements for anybody to call themselves a "guide" its the same in the fishing business, when you hire some one you have no idea if its their first trip or their 30th year doing it, -- unless you just straight up ask them or do some research. Apparently there are some folks on this forum that are guides, but really that doesnt mean S*** a good "guide" will be both savvy and work hard to make his/her clients happy., laziness is just unacceptable.

Comment

You cooking was the tip! I would not drop another dime for anything else with that type of experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X