No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations DDF. That’s a cool pic of recovery. Looks like a goodun!

Comment

The activity in northwest Nacogdoches county has been really good this morning after several days of slow to no activity. This frost should make my food plot and the cow’s wheat field look really good now.

Comment

Sat in Anderson County this weekend looking for a freezer filler. Had been having alot showing up leading up to Friday so I was stoked, only planned to hunt Friday and ended staying through last night. Saw a small 8 Friday morning, legal but too young, and then a 5 point came in each of the other 3 sits. 0 doe. All I had at that spot on camera were doe and saw 2 bucks I had never seen on camera at that spot.

You never know what's going to happen when you climb in the stand. On a nother note has a new nice 9 show up early yesterday morning, he came in just after I got in the stand but I couldn't see him and he left about 10 minutes before shooting light. I only know because I checked cams before I headed home. Was kind of ****** because I would have shot him but gives me hope after doe days to still hunt that place. As it was really just a doe factory this year until he showed up

Comment

I will sit in Henderson County this afternoon. Still chasing a BIG 8 that disappeared last week for the rut. Praying he comes home soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            Right there with you in Houston County. Usually the last weekend of bow season to around the opening of the general season is the most active year to year on our place but this year has been a dud. Usually we have less acorns. With a bumper crop, the does don't have to move far from their bedding area to eat and can lay back down in cover. Does staying in cover and not having to come to feed areas being hunted translates to bucks not having to come far out of cover. I think this is the issue on our place. I have NEVER seen this many acorns on the ground in the woods. The timing of the last couple of big fronts dropped a ton of acorns right at the time of peak rut activity.

This summary is spot on and makes perfect sense after reading it. You put all of the pieces together. I have a lot to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have sat over 60 hours to see one 4 point baby walk around. Haven’t even seen does during daytime this season. Everything nocturnal and non stop acorns since beginning of October. Had a legal buck come in right after light Sat morning. I said I was gonna pass him but he didn’t leave and that ****ed devil on my shoulder got to me. Starting thinking Id go without venison this year and that tripped my finger. Was younger than I thought when I got up on him.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Seen it on Facebook a hour ago.

Congrats.

Comment

Eating lunch after church and phone sends pic of “Big Jim”. He was on ridge from 11:00 last night till almost 6 this morning and back checking feed pen at 1:30. East wind today won’t work where I was so I pulled a platform off another property quickly and headed into woods… get pic of small buck sleeping in pen. Looped wide and got into about 30 yards before he stood up. Wind perfect and he just stood around and slowly walked away. Seen him after I hung platform crossing field behind me. And just heard a shot close by on eastern neighbors. Directions I figured he went

Hopefully he’s looking for that doe group yesterday and makes another pass

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                      Seen it on Facebook a hour ago.

Congrats.

Lol thanks brother you know once it hits the wire the phone doesn’t stop!

Comment

Great job ddf.

Comment

Dang!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job gents.

Comment

My son got a nice one this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good gravy……I like that colors on that bruiser!

Comment

Working...
                                X