Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the end of the season when all kinds of wacky ideas/proposals are thrown out there. What about this one? Each power 5 conference links with a lower division conference. They take on the model of English soccer where the lowest team in each power 5 is regulated down and the winner of the lower conference moves up. It’s a fun thought experiment, at least for those who enjoy thinking. Not interested in whether you think it will ever happen, but would it be good for the sport?
    Last edited by jerp; 01-14-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I think King will start the season with Weigman taking over at some point. This being his 3rd season in Jimbo’s offense I think is what gives him the early edge.

If weigman can work his way into the lineup, I’m not sure if they’ll ever get him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        It’s the end of the season when all kinds of wacky ideas/proposals are thrown out there. What about this one? Each power 5 conference links with a lower division conference. They take on the model of English soccer where the lowest team in each power 5 is regulated down and the winner of the lower conference moves up. It’s a fun thought experiment, at least for those who enjoy thinking. Not interested in whether you think it will ever happen, but would it be good for the sport?
        Congrats on the Cowboys success. Let's just stick with that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

I’ve heard this idea tossed out before. I think it would be fun, in concept. It would force some of the bottom P5 teams to invest in their programs or risk losing P5 status (and conference $$).

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Max Johnson transferred from LSU because Myles Brennan is returning for his 6th season, and he will be QB1. The only reason why Max started last year is because Brennan had a freak accident (slipped wearing crocs on a fishing trip) and broke his arm 3 weeks before the season opener. Johnson is an average signal caller who is ranked in the middle of 14 SEC QB’s. Some passes are beautiful, others are 3 feet behind a wide open receiver. Most of Johnson’s sacks and QB pressures were self inflicted. He has very little pocket awareness and holds the ball to long. Instead of having a 2 second quick release, he waits 3-4 seconds before getting rid of the ball. Rarely does he progress through reading the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th WR options. Max started 17 games for LSU and has a career 59% completion percentage, near the bottom of the SEC.

After evaluating his future starting potential in Baton Rouge, Johnson realized that he was never gonna start again at LSU. His decision to transfer had nothing to do with playing behind a poor OL and getting his clock cleaned. The future at LSU is Brennan followed by Walker Howard, then Max & Nussmeirer. If Johnson enters the 2022 season as QB3, don’t be surprised if he transfers again with Jake in tow. The Johnson’s (Brad, Momma, Max, and Jake) have made it known since day 1 in BR that the brothers want to play together in college.

If Max ends up starting for A&M, I wish the kid well except for that 1 game each year. Honestly, I don’t see him beating out Weigman for the starting position. Haynes King is a true dual-threat QB whereas Johnson is pretty much a one dimensional pocket passer.

IMO, I think Johnson and Calzada are pretty much the same player, lots of similarities. Sorry for being so long winded but that’s my observation from watching Max’s playing career at LSU. Great kid as I don’t think he has the “it” factor to lead a team to the NC
            Excellent dissertation.... However, I ain't sold on Nuss or Howard... We're poor at evaluating quarterbacks and place too much emphasis on metrics and nowhere near enough on football ability... There's several other quarterbacks in the region I'd take long looks at..... Maybe Frank will take my advice in these matters... LOL...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              I think King will start the season with Weigman taking over at some point. This being his 3rd season in Jimbo’s offense I think is what gives him the early edge.

If weigman can work his way into the lineup, I’m not sure if they’ll ever get him out.

Tough task

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How bout ole Jimbo let King come on down the Bayou.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  How bout ole Jimbo let King come on down the Bayou.... Lol

Heck yeah! Weigman is the soul surfer. Bruh

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Heck yeah! Weigman is the soul surfer. Bruh

Then we have an accord.... Let's get it done

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Ewers gonna clown all of them.

Y'all wanna part ways with Thompson?
                      We'll take him too.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                        Y'all wanna part ways with Thompson?
                        We'll take him too.... LOL

Poor sap chose Corn, honestly…. He’ll probably do well in Big country.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Which of the little Johnson midgets is he? Or is that Matt Rolloff? I don’t watch little people stuff but my granddaughters loves this guy!

Proof that little talent can get you anywhere with social media these days! Even little people!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                              Which of the little Johnson midgets is he? Or is that Matt Rolloff? I don’t watch little people stuff but my granddaughters loves this guy!

Proof that little talent can get you anywhere with social media these days! Even little people!
                              That's Chase This. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                That's Chase This. Lol.

True, that's why RLB posted it.

Comment

Working...
                                X