• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewers gonna clown all of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Kelly is cleaning house at LSU. But also hitting transfer portal very hard. Will take a couple years to get back to where we want to be but I feel like LSU will win a game or 2 next year that they shouldn’t.
      He racked up on some good players from Arkansas and Penn St in the last couple of days. Frank Wilson working the portal.

Comment

It's on.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Who?

Comment

Mike Joooones.

Comment

WPS, looking to close out recruiting/portal and on to spring ball.

Comment

Quinn still rocking that awful mullet, at least it’s not yellow anymore. Hopefully he brings it to the 40 like that last Texas 1.000 QB recruit did.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  He will win the starting job. Max had very good numbers on a very bad LSU team.
                  I dont know about #1TE, but he bound to be good. Max will be far superior to anything yall had last season. I hated to see him go.
                  Max's brother, Jake Johnson, is the composite #1 TE this class. 83rd overall. Most anyone is superior to what we had last year. We had Nolan Ryan out there throwing **** rockets at a 50% clip. It'll be good 3 way battle through the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    Question is why did he go if he is so good wouldn’t he want to stay and be the starter at LSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    He spent this year getting his clock cleaned and under constant pressure. It was going to be worse next year most likely. He would have to compete at either place for a starting gig. Nussmeier and Walker Howard are both solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      I thought King was a five star stud? Weigman is an EE, if he has the moxie. He'll win the job this spring. Or, is he playing baseball?
                      I know I had heard somewhere that he was forgoing baseball this spring to focus on football. However, now I can't seem to find anything to confirm that.

Being a baseball fan, I'd like to see his talents on the diamond as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tamu_bspeck View Post
                        He spent this year getting his clock cleaned and under constant pressure. It was going to be worse next year most likely. He would have to compete at either place for a starting gig. Nussmeier and Walker Howard are both solid.
                        Max Johnson transferred from LSU because Myles Brennan is returning for his 6th season, and he will be QB1. The only reason why Max started last year is because Brennan had a freak accident (slipped wearing crocs on a fishing trip) and broke his arm 3 weeks before the season opener. Johnson is an average signal caller who is ranked in the middle of 14 SEC QB’s. Some passes are beautiful, others are 3 feet behind a wide open receiver. Most of Johnson’s sacks and QB pressures were self inflicted. He has very little pocket awareness and holds the ball to long. Instead of having a 2 second quick release, he waits 3-4 seconds before getting rid of the ball. Rarely does he progress through reading the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th WR options. Max started 17 games for LSU and has a career 59% completion percentage, near the bottom of the SEC.

After evaluating his future starting potential in Baton Rouge, Johnson realized that he was never gonna start again at LSU. His decision to transfer had nothing to do with playing behind a poor OL and getting his clock cleaned. The future at LSU is Brennan followed by Walker Howard, then Max & Nussmeirer. If Johnson enters the 2022 season as QB3, don’t be surprised if he transfers again with Jake in tow. The Johnson’s (Brad, Momma, Max, and Jake) have made it known since day 1 in BR that the brothers want to play together in college.

If Max ends up starting for A&M, I wish the kid well except for that 1 game each year. Honestly, I don’t see him beating out Weigman for the starting position. Haynes King is a true dual-threat QB whereas Johnson is pretty much a one dimensional pocket passer.

IMO, I think Johnson and Calzada are pretty much the same player, lots of similarities. Sorry for being so long winded but that’s my observation from watching Max’s playing career at LSU. Great kid as I don’t think he has the “it” factor to lead a team to the NC
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-14-2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Interesting correlation between the two QBs that beat Bama this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

I sure hope so!

Sark putting together a good looking roster

Hook em

Comment

Kelly is tearing up the Portal.......hope these players can right the ship till recruiting gets to where it needs to be. Kyren Lacy, big 6'3'' WR from ULL just announced. This transfer portal stuff is wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                Max Johnson transferred from LSU because Myles Brennan is returning for his 6th season, and he will be QB1. The only reason why Max started last year is because Brennan had a freak accident (slipped wearing crocs on a fishing trip) and broke his arm 3 weeks before the season opener. Johnson is an average signal caller who is ranked in the middle of 14 SEC QB’s. Some passes are beautiful, others are 3 feet behind a wide open receiver. Most of Johnson’s sacks and QB pressures were self inflicted. He has very little pocket awareness and holds the ball to long. Instead of having a 2 second quick release, he waits 3-4 seconds before getting rid of the ball. Rarely does he progress through reading the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th WR options. Max started 17 games for LSU and has a career 59% completion percentage, near the bottom of the SEC.

After evaluating his future starting potential in Baton Rouge, Johnson realized that he was never gonna start again at LSU. His decision to transfer had nothing to do with playing behind a poor OL and getting his clock cleaned. The future at LSU is Brennan followed by Walker Howard, then Max & Nussmeirer. If Johnson enters the 2022 season as QB3, don’t be surprised if he transfers again with Jake in tow. The Johnson’s (Brad, Momma, Max, and Jake) have made it known since day 1 in BR that the brothers want to play together in college.

If Max ends up starting for A&M, I wish the kid well except for that 1 game each year. Honestly, I don’t see him beating out Weigman for the starting position. Haynes King is a true dual-threat QB whereas Johnson is pretty much a one dimensional pocket passer.

IMO, I think Johnson and Calzada are pretty much the same player, lots of similarities. Sorry for being so long winded but that’s my observation from watching Max’s playing career at LSU. Great kid as I don’t think he has the “it” factor to lead a team to the NC
                                Thanx CB. You put it so eloquently I can only agree. Clocked cleaned? Nah. Kid aint stupid, he went to Aggies where he has a chance. He will do well, if he can get past the “deer in headlights” look. Now he may get his clock cleaned at CS.

Comment

Working...
                                X