No announcement yet.

Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just called the ATF and mine is still waiting for the background check to clear

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      Well, unfortunately mine was actually submitted in October 2016. About 15 month turnaround.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      That is crazy, mine took 9 months. I know they lose alot of paperwork, I had 2 tax stamps lost.

Comment

Check cashed on a Harvester 04/03/17, stamp approved 01/17/18.

Just waiting on the CLEO notification period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mailed mine 1/19/18. Check cashed 1/29/18. Hopefully hear from me again in... October?

Comment

Originally posted by dustinhanna View Post
            Mailed mine 1/19/18. Check cashed 1/29/18. Hopefully hear from me again in... October?
            I would bet July.

Comment

Mid August I had my paperwork in....6 months in to my wait. Hoping it's not 6 more before I get it

Comment

Very helpful if you post what type you filed as an Individual or trust. Wait times can differ quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  False

2 out of the 3 I just saw through a quick Facebook scroll were Trust
                  Number of people in the trust who have full benefits of the trust will affect the time as well.

Comment

What are the more "comprehensive" background checks going to do to our wait times for NFA items?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      What are the more "comprehensive" background checks going to do to our wait times for NFA items?
                      Can't be any worse than how long it's taking mine. Coming up on 6 months that mine has been pending background check with FBI.

Submitted form 1 October 2016. Called 2 weeks ago and it's still pending background check with the FBI.

Comment

AgBass, you need to dig deeper into why yours is taking so long.

Here are the dates for mine.
                        My first, I purchased March 1, 2016 and received notification my stamp was in on October 25, 2016. Picked up from dealer December 2016.
                        Then, I bought 2 more on Feb, 13th, 2017. I received notification today (2-22-18) that both of my stamps are in.

Form 4 Trust on all of them.
                        I am the only one listed on the Trust.
                        I will say that I received an e-mail in April of 2017 from the dealer stating I needed to "complete my information". I replied to them that they already had my photo and prints on file from when I picked up my first in December of 16 - the response was "OH MY GOODNESS".

Comment

Have you bought a gun where they ran a NICS check on you recently? Curious if you got a 'proceed'? If so, no reason for sure for it to take that long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

For those who have bought from Capitol is it better to call them to check status or call ATF?

My check was cashed 2/4/17 and still nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                              AgBass, you need to dig deeper into why yours is taking so long.

Here are the dates for mine.
                              My first, I purchased March 1, 2016 and received notification my stamp was in on October 25, 2016. Picked up from dealer December 2016.
                              Then, I bought 2 more on Feb, 13th, 2017. I received notification today (2-22-18) that both of my stamps are in.

Form 4 Trust on all of them.
                              I am the only one listed on the Trust.
                              I will say that I received an e-mail in April of 2017 from the dealer stating I needed to "complete my information". I replied to them that they already had my photo and prints on file from when I picked up my first in December of 16 - the response was "OH MY GOODNESS".
                              How can I dig deeper other than call the ATF and check the status?
                              Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              Have you bought a gun where they ran a NICS check on you recently? Curious if you got a 'proceed'? If so, no reason for sure for it to take that long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              I have a CHL so haven't had to wait when I buy guns.

Comment

Just called again and they told me it's taking longer because it's a trust. Still pending background check. He said you just submitted this in October, and I said yes October of 2016!

Comment

Working...
                                X