X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its okay,,,

Comment

Why is this even being argued when the answer is really easy to find? lol

Most accurate 2021 crime rates for Brownsville, TX. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in Brownsville is 1 in 227 and property crime is 1 in 53. Compare Brownsville crime data to other cities, states, and neighborhoods in the U.S. on NeighborhoodScout.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        Only way to prevent your truck from being stolen or burglarized

Anywhere is don’t own one

1. East Texas has meth heads

2. Heroine & pill junkies are covering the entire nation

3. Poor people live in every corner of the country

The rgv has the same criminal statistics

Yeah, I’d be more worried about the meth heads in East Texas stealing my sh*t then I would about anyone living in the RGV. My mom just moved from Mission after living there for several years. She liked it and never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only way to prevent your truck from being stolen or burglarized
          Anywhere is don’t own one
          1. East Texas has meth heads
          2. Heroine & pill junkies are covering the entire nation
          3. Poor people live in every corner of the country

The rgv has the same criminal statistics
          Bingo...I grew up in the Valley and still travel down there to see my parents regularly. To date I've never had my truck broken into while down there.....living in Houston is a different story. As always it is a crime of opportunity....don't leave anything laying out on your seats and lock your doors.

Comment

Same here. No truck theft or break in issues in RGV or Laredo. Only one time for me, in Mesquite.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AggieRod View Post
              If you are scared of Brownsville then you are scared of America. Brownsville is no worse than anywhere in Texas.
              Well Said!!!
              Lived in the Valley all my live and it's been great.

Comment

I haven't been to Brownsville in a while, but I was in McAllen last week. One thing I always notice about the valley when I'm there, is how effing slow everyone moves! It drives me insane, from driving, to getting through the grocery store, everyone moves in slow motion, ALL THE TIME.

Comment

As far as broken into or stolen neither has happened to me while in Brownsville or anywhere else in the valley. I don’t know anyone who has had issues here in the valley besides my dad who’s truck was almost stolen 25 years ago in Harlingen. Can it happen sure but don’t spend every second of the day thinking about it. Enjoy your time while down here and eat real Mexican food. I have 2 cousins that are both chefs in Houston and they’re always in Brownsville eating Mexican food. Said there’s no other place in Texas better for the Mexican food.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I haven't been to Brownsville in a while, but I was in McAllen last week. One thing I always notice about the valley when I'm there, is how effing slow everyone moves! It drives me insane, from driving, to getting through the grocery store, everyone moves in slow motion, ALL THE TIME.
                    This is true, it’s laid back down here no real hurry. People usually drive the speed limit or slower lol and at the stores everyone is just cruising around no big city hustle and bustle.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                      This is true, it’s laid back down here no real hurry. People usually drive the speed limit or slower lol and at the stores everyone is just cruising around no big city hustle and bustle.
                      You call it laid back, I call it rude and inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        You call it laid back, I call it rude and inefficient.
                        I speed and hate shopping lol but yea I notice it too.

Comment

As far as broken into or stolen neither has happened to me while in Brownsville or anywhere else in the valley. I don’t know anyone who has had issues here in the valley besides my dad who’s truck was almost stolen 25 years ago in Harlingen. Can it happen sure but don’t spend every second of the day thinking about it. Enjoy your time while down here and eat real Mexican food. I have 2 cousins that are both chefs in Houston and they’re always in Brownsville eating Mexican food. Said there’s no other place in Texas better for the Mexican food.
                          I think seafood when in the area. It's by the sea. LOL.

Laredo is my favorite city for tacos.

Comment

That’s one of the best things about the RGV is the pace of life
                            I grew up around it and it’s awesome
                            Wife grew up in Houston and went to school in Dallas ( yuck horrible places)
                            IMO life is to short to be in a hurry or be scared of the unknown

Comment

The Rio Grande Valley is the place!!!!

Comment

That’s one of the best things about the RGV is the pace of life
                                I grew up around it and it’s awesome
                                Wife grew up in Houston and went to school in Dallas ( yuck horrible places)
                                IMO life is to short to be in a hurry or be scared of the unknown
                                Yeah but you live in Boerne and I in Wimberley.

Comment

Working...
                                X