No announcement yet.

Weekend in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in SE Texas and still hunt in Tyler County. I can't recommend spending any vaction time or money anywhere south of 190 from Livingston to Jasper. The Meth heads will steal you blind if given the chance. The northern places others mentioned here will probably be better if you are just dead set on seeing East Texas.

Comment

The Pickett House Restaurant in Woodville. You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        The Pickett House Restaurant in Woodville. You are welcome.
        I second the Pickett house! I forgot about that place. Some of the best home cooking you ever had

Comment

Cedar Tree Lodge in Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
            I grew up in SE Texas and still hunt in Tyler County. I can't recommend spending any vaction time or money anywhere south of 190 from Livingston to Jasper. The Meth heads will steal you blind if given the chance. The northern places others mentioned here will probably be better if you are just dead set on seeing East Texas.
            True that on the meth heads. About 5 years back I got a call from the Woodville car impound. Turns out a tweaker broke in to our barn, stole my Honda Rancher and found himself in a high speed chase (impound guys words not mine) on my 4 wheeler with 2 police cars in tow. He bailed on the side of the road and elluded them on foot. My 4 wheeler was towed. Ended up spending $500 to get my 4 wheeler back. Smh...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              I second the Pickett house! I forgot about that place. Some of the best home cooking you ever had
              Third for the Pickett House. I've had a few geat memories with family there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

be very careful.

Comment

Check out artesian lakes if you’re looking for a place to stay around Cleveland.

Comment

Really surprised to not see Nacogdoches recommendations. Lots of Texas History. Cool little town too.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      the pickett house restaurant in woodville. You are welcome.
                      yes!

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      cedar tree lodge in jasper
                      no!

Comment

Pizza Hut in Diboll.
                        Whataburger in Corrigan.
                        Joy Juice outside Shepherd.
                        Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-14-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Last edited by tps7742; 01-14-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

No value add here, but..... People lining up for cornbread? I've ate a lot of cornbread in my life. But none of it would have me waiting in line for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Pizza Hut in Diboll.
                              Whataburger in Corrigan.
                              Joy Juice outside Shepherd.
                              Don't leave out McClains if he needs to stop for any groceries lol!

That whataburger in Corrigan is great! Stop there every trip to lease

Comment

I am thinking Nacogdoches might be the landing point, and branch out from there. I think you are right in that it will have to be more than a weekend to catch all the stuff you guys say are the "must see", but time is limited till the summer. Thanks for all of the suggestions, I am making a list and mapping it all out. Much obliged!

Comment

Working...
                                X