Shower Cleaning Tips Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    I actually took my pressure washer in mine and it worked great.
    I can't even picture what the shower might have even looked like!

Comment

One cup Dawn, One Cup White Vinegar.

Spray it on and let it set for 30 minutes. Repeat. Wait another 30 minutes.

Take your extended scrub brush from Walmart and get after it. Use an extended scrub brush so you can get some leverage on the build-up.

Best shower cleaner and glass cleaner I have ever tried.
      Last edited by wellingtontx; 01-12-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I just let my butler or maid do it if the butler is busy washing my monster truck.

Comment

Make sure to do a test spot before using any acid based products. I cleaned the tub once with The Works toilet bowl cleaner and it melted the finish. We ended up having to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Change soap!!! Stop the problem before it occurs. Get a water softener while you’re at it.
            This, Zest leave little to no soap scum.

Comment

I used some BIOERASE wet wipes last weekend to clean my shower. They actually did a really good job. You can only get them at HEB... I know this because I am the one selling them to HEB! This isn't a sales pitch, but seriously I'm gonna need all ya'll to go buy some at your friendly neighborhood HEB! lol

Comment

We use to do this for a living. Get some detergent 600 and remove any metal drain cover you have. Mix it in a small bucket in about 25% solution 1:4 cleaner to water. Wear some heavy duty rubber gloves and scrub with a brush each grout joint and gently across the tile. If you have natural stone do not let it sit for long. Rinse very well and let dry completely. Do not shower in it for a day or 2 then get some grout sealer and seal every joint in the shower. Follow directions on sealer.

After doing this cleaning will be much easier and do not use harsh cleaners like kaboom or clr. Just make a light cleaner of dish soap and water and rinse.

Other caveats are, Do not get the detergent 600 on any metal surface, it will etch it. Do not let it sit in the grout joints for too long. Rinse extremely well. Also, don't forget if you're working on it with shoes on in the shower those shoes probably have acid on them, don't walk on the carpet with them.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                  I'm about to change your life and make it so easy your kids can do this. Been using this to restore showers from hard water build up. Bar Keepers Helper, You can buy from grocery store and use that green scrub pads. I also use this on glass oven tops.
                  If you have a white cast iron sink this Bar Keepers Friend will make it look brand new.

Comment

Are you referring to something like distilled vinegar or is cleaning vinegar an altogether different kind of animal?

Comment

I use white vinegar from the cooking aisle at Walmart mixed with Dawn.

=====

On the one suggestion above, be careful with the Sure Klean 600 - it is designed for brick and mortar.
                      Last edited by wellingtontx; 01-12-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

What is your tile made of? Is it porcelain or a natural stone?

Comment

Just read this recipe for a shower cleaner but haven't tried it yet.
                          1 cup Epson salt
                          1/2 cup Baking Soda
                          1/4 cup Blue Dawn

Comment

I had to buy the brushes, so that I can try them out. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

I use barkeeper's friend. You can often use 0000 steel wool with it. Works great on glass. Should work on tile. I would not use it on natural stone.

Comment

I'm tearing mine out and going to start over fresh

Comment

Working...
                                X