Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try dawn dishwashing liquid

Comment

Mixture of Vinegar and dawn dishsoap in a spray bottle. Google the recipe. You have to heat the vinegar in the microwave then add the dawn. I found the recipe online when we were selling our house and I needed to get the shower spotless. It works. You spray it on, let it sit, then use a plastic pot scrubber pad on it. Rinse ans maybe repeat. Works way better than bleach, scrubbing bubbles, or any other cleaner I’ve tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR...b_b_asin_title

Buy these, elbow grease problem solved they work great!
        I bought those a few months ago and they are a game changer for cleaning. Only wish I knew about them sooner. Good call.

Comment

Try a good spin scrubber. I just get in the shower with the water running and use a mild solution of dawn soap. There are cheaper ones. This one gets the best rating.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
            I do not need to clean my shower at this time. However, I just placed an order for a pack of these. I can think of a thousand uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I’ve used pumice stones with great success but, you’re right, they require a lot of elbow grease, quickly get “gummy,” and disintegrate fast.

I like the idea of the drill brushes and will give them a try. Will the ones pictured fit most any drills or do the brushes tend to be brand specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
              Mixture of Vinegar and dawn dishsoap in a spray bottle. Google the recipe. You have to heat the vinegar in the microwave then add the dawn. I found the recipe online when we were selling our house and I needed to get the shower spotless. It works. You spray it on, let it sit, then use a plastic pot scrubber pad on it. Rinse ans maybe repeat. Works way better than bleach, scrubbing bubbles, or any other cleaner I’ve tried.
              I’ve heard of this, too, but have not tried it; although it makes sense that you would need something acidic to remove an alkali like soap. Unfortunately, I have not had luck using hot vinegar on mold and mildew. Any suggestions for this?
              Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 01-12-2021, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Kaboom is what we use and a scrub brush. Quick and easy. Of course we do it weekly-bi-weekly so its not a large build up...
                2nd this

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR...b_b_asin_title

Buy these, elbow grease problem solved they work great!

I have a set of these and they are greatness.

Comment

Following..

Comment

I don’t have a clue. I’ll have to ask my wife. That’s not my department.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                        I do not need to clean my shower at this time. However, I just placed an order for a pack of these. I can think of a thousand uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        X2

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          I’ve used pumice stones with great success but, you’re right, they require a lot of elbow grease, quickly get “gummy,” and disintegrate fast.

I like the idea of the drill brushes and will give them a try. Will the ones pictured fit most any drills or do the brushes tend to be brand specific?
                          They’re not brand specific they should fit any drill.

Comment

ZEP foaming shower cleaner did the trick on a nasty shower in a house I bought a few months ago. None of the other typical shower cleaners worked prior to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              I’ve heard of this, too, but have not tried it; although it makes sense that you would need something acidic to remove an alkali like soap. Unfortunately, I have not had luck using hot vinegar on mold and mildew. Any suggestions for this?
                              Make sure it is cleaning vinegar, not for human consumption.

The mix works well but don't leave it on too long. It will damage chrome and tile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                                Somehow i have become the designated shower cleaner in my home, probably b/c of the amount of brute strength and elbow grease it takes to get our shower clean. Over the years I have tried everything I can find to cut through the hard water and soap scum that builds up on the tile sufaces. I have tried everything from CLR, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Vinegar/Water solution. All have had limited effectiveness, and nothing but pure elbow grease seems to work. I began thinking there must be some product out there that really cuts through the gunk, but just don"t know what it is. Does anybody know of a legitiate cleaning product Icould use, or have some cleaning method I am not aware of?
                                I'm about to change your life and make it so easy your kids can do this. Been using this to restore showers from hard water build up. Bar Keepers Helper, You can buy from grocery store and use that green scrub pads. I also use this on glass oven tops.

Comment

Working...
                                X