Shower Cleaning Tips Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shower Cleaning Tips Needed

Somehow i have become the designated shower cleaner in my home, probably b/c of the amount of brute strength and elbow grease it takes to get our shower clean. Over the years I have tried everything I can find to cut through the hard water and soap scum that builds up on the tile sufaces. I have tried everything from CLR, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Vinegar/Water solution. All have had limited effectiveness, and nothing but pure elbow grease seems to work. I began thinking there must be some product out there that really cuts through the gunk, but just don"t know what it is. Does anybody know of a legitiate cleaning product Icould use, or have some cleaning method I am not aware of?

I actually took my pressure washer in mine and it worked great.

Comment

Kaboom is what we use and a scrub brush. Quick and easy. Of course we do it weekly-bi-weekly so its not a large build up...

Comment

if I scrub with bleach i get most of it but where the sealant is on the tiles between shower floor and wall I can't get it off. The vids I see on the tubes just show removing the sealant. Who wants to do that every few months.

Comment

EQ Solutions Trailer Wash. It will get any kind of grime or build up off

Comment

I used an industrial strength toilet cleaner in the shower surround when I lived in AK. The iron in the water would turn the shower red/brown. The cleaner was acid based. Spray it on and rinse it off but you had to wear a respirator. The fumes were toxic. The brand name was Zep.

Comment

Simple green and magic eraser? Works on other things I clean. Never tried in a shower.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to a swimming pool supply and get some scale removal stuff
                Careful its usually acidic so may need to spray and let sit with windows and fan on in bathroom but it works

Comment

Get a weed sprayer and fill it with bleach and water. Then get one of those brushes that fits on your impact driver. Spray that sucker from top to bottom and then hit it with that brush

Comment

CLR works good as well.

Comment

Would industrial strength hydrogen peroxide work?

Comment

Buy these, elbow grease problem solved they work great!

Comment

Change soap!!! Stop the problem before it occurs. Get a water softener while you’re at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            I actually took my pressure washer in mine and it worked great.

I actually thought about doing the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                              https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR...b_b_asin_title

Buy these, elbow grease problem solved they work great!

I do not need to clean my shower at this time. However, I just placed an order for a pack of these. I can think of a thousand uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X