2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Excellent looking rig Randy, congrats on the new abode!

Did you trade in your previous one or sell it outright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dave! We sold it outright. Our plan was to take a few years off from RVing since our girls were in a different phase of life, as mentioned above. Well...the planned 3-4 year break lasted about 4 months.

The other part to this is that I work from home 95% of the time now, and it's very predictable. All I need is Wifi. So, I'm hoping to spend more time in the coming years, in our RV, overlooking something cool, while 'working'.

Thanks again.
    -Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
      New-to-us camper. 2021 Coleman 2715RL. This is our 6th camper over the years, but first that was bought from a ‘kidless’ standpoint. Our girls are essentially out on their own now, so this one is primarily about the wife and I. Really dig the two recliners and fire place.

Heading out to Yeager Creek in Johnson City, tomorrow, for the inaugural trip.

Enjoy the new rig Randy.

Comment

We just spent a few days on Lake Somerville at Yegua Creek COE. Hot but we enjoyed it! No great shots of the eagles I watch out there as there were no close flybys but I managed to see an adult and this years offspring in the nest tree which is starting to deteriorate. Several deer photos that I haven't processed yet.

Comment

We are getting ready to head to Red River NM for a week. Can’t wait to get away from this heat.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            We are getting ready to head to Red River NM for a week. Can’t wait to get away from this heat.
            Where are you staying? I would love to take the family and our 5th wheel to the mountains but I don't know where to go and don't like the parking lot campgrounds.

Comment

We spent last weekend at The Vineyards RV Park on Grapevine lake. It's in town (obviously), but is a really nice park, with a nice little swimming beach, store, showers, and about anything you'd need. We'll be back next week for the last ball tournament of the "Spring".

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                Where are you staying? I would love to take the family and our 5th wheel to the mountains but I don't know where to go and don't like the parking lot campgrounds.
                4K River Ranch. Right on the River and they have a private stocked pond. My parents are there now and said the whole town is pretty much dead. The forest service has all off road and other activities shut down due to fire concerns. Will be interesting.
                Last edited by captainsling; 06-16-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Padre Bali has been an excellent breather now that outage season is over.

My dogs approve, mostly the boxer , the mutt not so much.

Comment

Hot camping, gotta love it. Yegua Creek COE, Lake Somerville earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                      LMAO you sound like my wife
                      That right there is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                        Hot camping, gotta love it. Yegua Creek COE, Lake Somerville earlier this week.

You ain’t kiddin! Our trailer was in full sun last weekend, and I ran both ACs full tilt from sun up to sun down. The best thing I’ve done since buying a camper, is adding the 2nd AC.

Comment

We had a 2nd ac installed in ours before picking it up. Just spent the first night in it. Money well spent…

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                            We had a 2nd ac installed in ours before picking it up. Just spent the first night in it. Money well spent…

When I was doing the research on ours I read that anything over 25 ft in Texas better have 2 ACs. I forget the length for adding a third.

Comment

Anyone been to Roadrunner RV Resort in Red River, NM? We are heading there in August. Going to be a long, expensive pull with my gas truck, but it will feel good to get out of this heat.

Comment

If I can figure out how to do this full time, I would!!

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X