No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We spent last week in Junction at S Llano River SP. Got some much needed rain on Tuesday night and cooled the weather down considerably. There was also a lightning strike 2 sites over that sat us straight up out of a dead sleep at 11:30 that night. It came after the rain was done. This pic was from behind our rig and already partially cleaned up. We had a great time. Took lots of pics, biked and hiked a bunch, enjoyed the wildlife. It's one of our favorite parks. Did some sky photography. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...7#post16241085

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Hahaha.

They like to see a good couples discussion every now and then, reminds them how good they have it in their pull through site.
      I've seen a few... lol

My wife on the other hand has been a blessing on helping with the blind side... a wise man once said "Patience is a virtue".

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        I've seen a few... lol

My wife on the other hand has been a blessing on helping with the blind side... a wise man once said "Patience is a virtue".
        I know a couple that came back from their first trip rethinking their marriage- spotter watched as backer inner ripped a big ole hole in their brand new rigs rubber roof on a low hanging branch. Lines of communication had not been established or attempted.

I've always made it known to my spotter's- if you can't see my head in the mirror I can't see you.
        Early on I'd hop out to see a set of arms flailing about as if extra arm swinging was gonna get the message across when I couldn't see them (cough cough- her) .

Kinda like speaking slower when someone doesn't understand the language.
        it just doesn't work that way.

Bill M- I'm a fan of Llano SP. we used to stay there and camp, then head to Menard to fill feeders during one of the mornings when I had that lease.
        Great park that's location should keep it from overcrowding.

Comment

Picking up our Forest River Grey Wolf 29TE tomorrow I did my typical loooong search and now scrambling for places that have openings this summer but I feel like I made a good decision

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
          If anyone is in the area, come check me out! Trinitybayrvlodging.com
          Adding you to the list

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          Has anyone stayed at Majestic Oaks in Rockport?
          We looked at their site tonight…like I said above, trying to find availabilities for July at this late date isn’t going very well
          Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          On the Beach RV Park in Port Aransas is what I would suggest.
          Also checking here
          Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          I just booked a spot in July at Aloha Beach RV in Port A. I had one booked at Port A RV Resort but found out you can't use golf carts from there. Aloha Beach has a direct path across 361 so they are allowed. Looks like a new smaller park. Anyone stay here before?
          Never heard of Aloha Beach…might have to check into it. I’m calling a few friends from the Pt Lavaca/Fulton areas tomorrow to see their recommendations

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          There's a new Bolivar Beach and RV resort going in on Crystal Beach....
          It has all the bells and whistles......I think you can get a basic site for $90 a night up to around $200 a night..... TO CAMP !!!!!
          We saw that while looking for somewhere on Bolivar. I will say this, the site looks really nice. We’re gonna check it out soon. I’m not sure it’ll get booked, my wife wants to stay on the ICW side close to Stingaree’s since that’s where we’ll be launching out of

Comment

Question…we just bought our next rv. It’s the 6th one we’ve owned and is geared more for just the wife and I since both girls are out of the house and on their own. Also, I work from home now on a mostly permanent basis; just need Wi-Fi. So I’d like to start taking longer trips, staying through the week (work and play without burning vacation days) as opposed to just being weekend warriors. The challenge is finding parks with Wi-Fi in actual sites.

Any ideas on how I could do this on my own so I don’t have to rely on parks to have it in individual sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
              Question…we just bought our next rv. It’s the 6th one we’ve owned and is geared more for just the wife and I since both girls are out of the house and on their own. Also, I work from home now on a mostly permanent basis; just need Wi-Fi. So I’d like to start taking longer trips, staying through the week (work and play without burning vacation days) as opposed to just being weekend warriors. The challenge is finding parks with Wi-Fi in actual sites.

Any ideas on how I could do this on my own so I don’t have to rely on parks to have it in individual sites?

Where do you like to camp? Area of the state? Out of state? We use our phones as hot spots and they happen to be ATT since they have offered us the best statewide coverage. I also installed a Weboost small studio booster that works well. It is my understanding that Starlink is now offering RV setup but location has to have an "opening" with the satellite for that area.

Comment

I've seen a few... lol

lol. We use our phones and drivers side/ passengers side for directions. It has been working good for us. She is intelligent, but every once in a while she will get the directions wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Picking up our Forest River Grey Wolf 29TE tomorrow I did my typical loooong search and now scrambling for places that have openings this summer but I feel like I made a good decision

Adding you to the list

We looked at their site tonight…like I said above, trying to find availabilities for July at this late date isn’t going very well

Also checking here

Never heard of Aloha Beach…might have to check into it. I’m calling a few friends from the Pt Lavaca/Fulton areas tomorrow to see their recommendations

We saw that while looking for somewhere on Bolivar. I will say this, the site looks really nice. We’re gonna check it out soon. I’m not sure it’ll get booked, my wife wants to stay on the ICW side close to Stingaree’s since that’s where we’ll be launching out of
                  We bought a Grey Wolf 23MK Black Label 2 years ago. We've been very happy with it.

Comment

I've seen a few... lol

I broke down and bought a backup camera though we never really had any problems backing. I wanted to be able to see behind me going down the highway and use when backing in the driveway at home more than at the campsite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_155304.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	24685976

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_155341.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24685977

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                      I have to say that one of the first things we did was replace the stock mattress with a memory/gel mattress. Gave the still plastic wrapped mattress that came in it to the local mission store.
                      100% agree!

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                        Where do you like to camp? Area of the state? Out of state? We use our phones as hot spots and they happen to be ATT since they have offered us the best statewide coverage. I also installed a Weboost small studio booster that works well. It is my understanding that Starlink is now offering RV setup but location has to have an "opening" with the satellite for that area.
                        Mostly around Texas. I have ATT as well and have tried the hot spot thing…it’s never been very consistent. I need something reliable for zoom/teams calls. I’ll look into Starlink. Appreciate the response and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                          Mostly around Texas. I have ATT as well and have tried the hot spot thing…it’s never been very consistent. I need something reliable for zoom/teams calls. I’ll look into Starlink. Appreciate the response and help.
                          I'm looking into it myself. My wife still works in the real estate business and so far, the ATT hot spot has worked even in lower signal areas but she doesn't have to use Zoom.

Link to Starlink RV

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                            We bought a Grey Wolf 23MK Black Label 2 years ago. We've been very happy with it.
                            Good to hear we looked at more than a few, and they all started running together after a while but kept coming back to this one. Heading out Sunday morning for a few days while the kids are on a cruise with their dad, so that we can get any kinks worked out before July. Hope the fish will cooperate down in Aransas and Corpus Bay

Comment

New-to-us camper. 2021 Coleman 2715RL. This is our 6th camper over the years, but first that was bought from a ‘kidless’ standpoint. Our girls are essentially out on their own now, so this one is primarily about the wife and I. Really dig the two recliners and fire place.

Heading out to Yeager Creek in Johnson City, tomorrow, for the inaugural trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent looking rig Randy, congrats on the new abode!

Did you trade in your previous one or sell it outright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X