2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Who needs ice? Just throw your fish on top of the chicken and broccoli! [emoji23]
    Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    That's what I thought, one stop shopping lol. Nice work
    lmao yeah I don't normally take fish pictures so that ended up terrible maybe I should practice more.
    There's a little ice in the very bottom. lol

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Oh no you killed a trout.
      Lol, she was brought in alive. We worked pretty hard to keep our trout alive, also kept the flounder and reds alive too. I’m not against keeping them at all, we just don’t always keep them. Being 5 minutes from the boat ramp is nice and fresh fish trumps anything from the freezer. Pretty much only freeze our flounder from gigging trips.

Comment

Caught limits of trout with Nathan Gray yesterday in Galveston. All solid fish, nothing over 22”

Comment

Pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Caught a couple red fish, had my wife Chauffeur me around and made her wade fish for the first time. She didn’t catch a fish but I think she had fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Limits of trout are almost too easy right now... we are finding that we can have our bag of keeper trout in a matter of minutes. I've fished the corpus coast my whole life and I can't remember it ever being this good w very few dinks.
              The reds were nomads but we grind it out till we pick up a few
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                Limits of trout are almost too easy right now... we are finding that we can have our bag of keeper trout in a matter of minutes. I've fished the corpus coast my whole life and I can't remember it ever being this good w very few dinks.
                The reds were nomads but we grind it out till we pick up a few

Glad to hear this.

Comment

Solid Box!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                    Hit some spoils up along the ICW down near Baffin. Found reds and keeper trout in knee deep water on a heavy feed before the storm. Unfortunately, we got caught in the weather and that pretty much finished our day just shy of our limits. 2 trips I have thrown “the scammer” by Triggered Baits. Very impressed with the action of the bait and how the fish inhale it.
                    We got caught between Marker and Bird. I’ve never seen water change so quick and hope to never see it again. Couldn’t find shelter with a covered porch so we rode through it to Marker.

Comment

Ordered my trolling motor. Backordered until the end of July. Hope to have it by September when we have a Jamaica beach bay house rented.

Comment

I took the kiddo down to surfside to catch some crabs for a quick trip. 30 undersized crabs into it I tossed a piece of peeled shrimp into the ICW with a zebco to play around with some pinfish since I accepted defeat with the crabs. Immediately hit a keeper red, and then lost 6 other huge bull reds/black drum on peeled shrimp that the pre-spooled Zebco line just could hold on to. Its always when I don't plan for it ...always.

Comment

Man, sometimes their stuff is bigger than your stuff. You'll get em next time.

Comment

Dang Man! Tough luck on that one. Bet your boy will remember that line peeling for a long time!

I snuck out this morning despite the dang wind. I stopped counting at 50, with at least 30 being in the 17-19” range. The rest were dink’s. Started out with a mirrodine, then switched over to an old Sea Devil.

Wife called me while fishing and asked how it was going, her mom and niece are visiting. Gave a report and she said they’d be there in 20 min. By the time they showed up, the bite had slowed down considerably. They still managed to catch around 10 between the 3 of them. They did lose some dink’s, along with 4-5 that would have kept.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You got your moneys worth out of that lure. Nice work

Comment

Congrats to you fish!

Comment

Working...
                                X