No announcement yet.

Negotiating with insurance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had an insurance company send me a lowball payment in the form of a check without ever offering a verbal offer first. It wasn't enough to cover genuine parts replacement, about 1/2. I called them several times and demanded payment for genuine parts to be used in the repair but I guess since I had a check in hand, they totally ignored me.
    What do you do in a case like that ???

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      I've had an insurance company send me a lowball payment in the form of a check without ever offering a verbal offer first. It wasn't enough to cover genuine parts replacement, about 1/2. I called them several times and demanded payment for genuine parts to be used in the repair but I guess since I had a check in hand, they totally ignored me.
      What do you do in a case like that ???
      Trace your hand with middle finger extended and write VOID on check and mail it back to them. That usually gets their attention. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by texanatrv View Post
        better call Saul
        Better Call Slew!

Comment

Originally posted by rr 314 View Post
          trace your hand with middle finger extended and write void on check and mail it back to them. That usually gets their attention. :-)
          Best Idea Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Lawyer up with what you have and add the cost of the lawyer to your claim?

name the company too so nobody uses them
            Absolutely, just asking for a recommendation for one in the DFW area.

Not real sure where the issue is held up or most to blame. Caliber Collision did the estimate and the appraisal notes are on there letter head referencing an adjuster and an appraiser. That's where the errors started. The appraiser is the "case manager" as her name appears on the communications from USAA. They've done next to nothing and keep repeating the same phrases. And to top that off they use CCC Intelligent Solutions as a database to rate and compare vehicles across the US. Crap in, crap out I say....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              An appraiser is likely your best solution.

I’ll help you find a good one.

Billy Walkowiak at Collision Safety Consultants

https://collisionsafetyconsultants.u...OaEVytC6XEGLCQ
              follow atfulldraw advice he knows what he is talking about when it comes to insurance claims.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did this ever get worked out Marty?

Hope they did you right

Comment

Both of our new cars have a full replacement policy. It's only a few dollars more a month and if one of them gets stolen - Farmers has to put a brand new car back in our driveway. They will only sell it to you for the first week you own your new ride.
                  Hope you got a good outcome sir...

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                    I’m still arguing with on the valuation of a vehicle when hit by their driver. The original adjuster and appraiser left options off the list and gave a condition notes of “good” condition. They changed the options when challenged but won’t seem to budge on the condition notes including refusing to clarify or adjust. Stating the rating criteria is proprietary. One of the option they said was cloth seats when car had leather so how can they stand by other statements. One clairification they did make before ending correspondence was on tire good condition that was considered good between 11/32 and 5/32 tread depth. The tires from the mfg come at 10/32. So how can a new tire just be in good condition. When noting comparable vehicles they take off $$ for a conditional adjustment from the comparison vehicles being rated better than good. So frustrating.

Any recommendations on legal steps or other. There last correspondence is they stand by their valuation or I can contact my insurance carrier.
                    Go through your insurance and have them settle with the other company. Usually your insurance company will treat you right then they will collect from the other one. That's what I did on my totalled truck and I came out pretty good. They paid me more than I paid for truck to begin with and that 15 years ago.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am no help but I am starting to see a lot more new TRX's on lots these days. I've seen them at a few other CJDR dealers here in town as well. If you are looking for one, Mac Haik had 3 this morning, white, black, and red.

Cool trucks, and I hope you get yours sorted.

Comment

You need to get a beater for leaving at the air port or uber there.

Comment

Working...
                        X