X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man card....[emoji15][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      I agree. I use about half of what they recommend because I don't like them too sweet. Still add fresh orange (if i have some) and bitters. I've been smoking some old fashions lately for a change of pace! Treaty oak bourbon is fantastic.
      Yep i agree with you....I like a high proof for a mixer. I use Wild Turkey 101 for my old fashions because it can stand up to to the ice/mix and still gives you the flavor you are looking for. and its cheap!

Comment

Old fashion. My go to in a bourbon drinking environment. I enjoy making my own.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yum

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              OF has been my go to for years. My sister got me a smoking contraption recently, and I’ve been on a smoked old fashioned kick lately. I’m going to have to try that pre made OF.

I’ve been threatening to get me one of these. I make a Salted Caramel Old Fashioned that will make your eyes roll back in your head. I’m always looking for ways to improve a good recipe (my husband calls this “not knowing when to leave a good thing alone”) and have wondered if a touch of smoke might compliment the deep “burnt” notes imparted by the Maillard reaction of the sugars.

Comment

I haven't tried this pre made stuff yet but ol'fashions made with bulliett are my go to here at the casa. I may have to try one of these some time.
                Speaking of premade-my nieghbor across the street brought me a small 4-pack of "bloody-buddy" (bloody mary drink made here in Texas) a few weeks back. peppery and strong they are!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I’ve been threatening to get me one of these. I make a Salted Caramel Old Fashioned that will make your eyes roll back in your head. I’m always looking for ways to improve a good recipe (my husband calls this “not knowing when to leave a good thing alone”) and have wondered if a touch of smoke might compliment the deep “burnt” notes imparted by the Maillard reaction of the sugars.

Saw something like that recently that might interest you. Take a cookie sheet and add water, place in smoker for a while, then take said water and add it to ice cube tray, and put it in freezer. Voila, you have a smoky flavored ice cubes. Experiment with time in smoker and flavors of wood/pellets, and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                    Saw something like that recently that might interest you. Take a cookie sheet and add water, place in smoker for a while, then take said water and add it to ice cube tray, and put it in freezer. Voila, you have a smoky flavored ice cubes. Experiment with time in smoker and flavors of wood/pellets, and let us know how it turns out.

This sounds very intriguing! As it happens, we’ll be gathering at the ranch this weekend and my nephew will have the smoker going for hours. I’ll give this a try and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X