No announcement yet.

Negotiating with insurance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had two total loses both times the insurance company pulled up 8-10 local trucks for sale with like mileage and packages. Averaged them out and subtracted 1500, and wrote me a check.

I hope yours does the same

Comment

You should get replacement cost plus ttl. Don’t accept a low offer.

Comment

The sticker price of a 1967 Shelby super snake was less than $8,000. One sold for over $2,000,000 a few years ago. My argument would be that sticker price has no bearing on what fair market value is. You had a unique collectors edition vehicle and that should reflect in the price.

Comment

Dang it, Marty! I know you enjoyed that truck, and it was bad as$. Looks like some solid advice above I’m sure that will all get worked out. Maybe a lucky break and they find the truck quickly.

Comment

Out of curiosity, who is your carrier?

When you get into more expensive toys it sometimes pays to use companies like Chubb vs the big box guys. I’m sure there are others but Chubb is the only one I have experience with.

Comment

An appraiser is likely your best solution.

I’ll help you find a good one.

Billy Walkowiak at Collision Safety Consultants

https://collisionsafetyconsultants.u...OaEVytC6XEGLCQ
              Last edited by Atfulldraw; 05-19-2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Just went through this with two vehicles. My insurance company Germania made it right their first offer for my wife’s car which was wrecked and our fault. The offer was exactly what the current market is for similar vehicles.

The other was my daughters challenger and wasn’t our fault. Their carrier Safeco insurance lowballed me and it took 30 days of back and forth and threatening action on my part to get them to pay a fair price. It was a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have haggled with them before when my mom was rear ended and it totaled her car. I got some listings together and sent it to them. They made a lot better offer, and we went with it. So yes, you can haggle with them, but they will want something to go by, and it sounds like you have that. Don't accept a lowball

Comment

This is the way I've always looked a dealing with adjusters.

Adjuster makes the first lowball offer and the person accepts it. Adjuster goes into Bosses office and says, " I closed that case, the dumarse accepted our first offer." Boss says "Great, You save the agency $10K. Here is a $500 Bonus.

But, if you buck a little...

Adjuster makes the second offer, and the person accepts it. Adjuster goes into Bosses office and says, " I closed that case, the dumarse accepted the second offer." Boss says "Great, You save the agency $5K. Here is a $250 Bonus.

Buck a little more...

Adjuster makes the final offer that he is allowed to make without approval from the boss, and the person accepts it. Adjuster goes into Bosses office and says, " I finally closed that case, the guy was pretty tough." Boss says "Oh well, can't win them all, no bonus this time."

Keep bucking until you start getting in the Bosses pocket, then you might get a decent deal.

Comment

I have been through this recently. My truck was totalled with only 34,000 miles on it by a driver with no insurance. What you paid for it has nothing to do with current market value. I received 40% more than I paid for that truck from my insurance! Document everything you added to your truck and the cost of any modifications after purchase. Also, it sounds like there are very few documented vehicles to compare your against. But, be prepared with all your documentation. There are actually companies that you can pay to fight for you to get "fair market value" for a loss.
                      Good luck and sorry they got your truck!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        An appraiser is likely your best solution.

I’ll help you find a good one.

Billy Walkowiak at Collision Safety Consultants

https://collisionsafetyconsultants.u...OaEVytC6XEGLCQ
                        dug up his number

704-747-9337

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          dug up his number

704-747-9337
                          thanks

Comment

I’m still arguing with on the valuation of a vehicle when hit by their driver. The original adjuster and appraiser left options off the list and gave a condition notes of “good” condition. They changed the options when challenged but won’t seem to budge on the condition notes including refusing to clarify or adjust. Stating the rating criteria is proprietary. One of the option they said was cloth seats when car had leather so how can they stand by other statements. One clairification they did make before ending correspondence was on tire good condition that was considered good between 11/32 and 5/32 tread depth. The tires from the mfg come at 10/32. So how can a new tire just be in good condition. When noting comparable vehicles they take off $$ for a conditional adjustment from the comparison vehicles being rated better than good. So frustrating.

Any recommendations on legal steps or other. There last correspondence is they stand by their valuation or I can contact my insurance carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                              I’m still arguing with on the valuation of a vehicle when hit by their driver. The original adjuster and appraiser left options off the list and gave a condition notes of “good” condition. They changed the options when challenged but won’t seem to budge on the condition notes including refusing to clarify or adjust. Stating the rating criteria is proprietary. One of the option they said was cloth seats when car had leather so how can they stand by other statements. One clairification they did make before ending correspondence was on tire good condition that was considered good between 11/32 and 5/32 tread depth. The tires from the mfg come at 10/32. So how can a new tire just be in good condition. When noting comparable vehicles they take off $$ for a conditional adjustment from the comparison vehicles being rated better than good. So frustrating.

Any recommendations on legal steps or other. There last correspondence is they stand by their valuation or I can contact my insurance carrier.
                              Lawyer up with what you have and add the cost of the lawyer to your claim?

name the company too so nobody uses them

Comment

Dang, what a mess. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X