No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just booked a spot in July at Aloha Beach RV in Port A. I had one booked at Port A RV Resort but found out you can't use golf carts from there. Aloha Beach has a direct path across 361 so they are allowed. Looks like a new smaller park. Anyone stay here before?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I hope it all fits the new camper after you have to sell that one because of the endless sand that will forever be in it.
      LMAO you sound like my wife

Comment

Headed to S. Llano River SP two weeks from Sunday. They have had rain so that is good but definitely a burn ban. Wish I10 wasn't so screwed up with construction. Y'all enjoy your trips.

We are booked for 3 more trips after this one out to September. We will take August off this year.

Comment

A/C, generator (& battery?) question

I need some help trying to figure out a situation with my a/c.

First off let me ask this: is it possible that a dead battery could impact the A/C's ability to start even when using a generator?

Here's the situation: Prior to last year I was using a 2 2200KW Westinghouse iXLT's in tandem and having zero issues. One of those generators bit the dust so I ordered a replacement, but for other reasons I purchased a Westinghouse iGen 2200KW.

They're the same size, different models but from all I've read that shouldn't matter.

So when I first turn the A/C it comes on and runs just fine, and then when it gets down to temperature it turns off as it should. However, when it tries to come back on after it's warmed up enough in the camper it almost immediately trips the overload breaker on one of the generators (presumably the new one since it's the only thing different), and that of course trips the other generator.

If I turn the A/C switch back to OFF, turn off the generators and then turn them back, I can restart the A/C again with no issues. It only happens when it tries to come back on after it's already been running.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and/or how I can fix it? Could it be the dead battery? Or maybe the A/C needs to be cleaned? Or maybe it's the generators? I just don't know.

Comment

We do a different type of camping
            Just upgraded to the new CampX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

First off let me ask this: is it possible that a dead battery could impact the A/C's ability to start even when using a generator?

Here's the situation: Prior to last year I was using a 2 2200KW Westinghouse iXLT's in tandem and having zero issues. One of those generators bit the dust so I ordered a replacement, but for other reasons I purchased a Westinghouse iGen 2200KW.

They're the same size, different models but from all I've read that shouldn't matter.

So when I first turn the A/C it comes on and runs just fine, and then when it gets down to temperature it turns off as it should. However, when it tries to come back on after it's warmed up enough in the camper it almost immediately trips the overload breaker on one of the generators (presumably the new one since it's the only thing different), and that of course trips the other generator.

If I turn the A/C switch back to OFF, turn off the generators and then turn them back, I can restart the A/C again with no issues. It only happens when it tries to come back on after it's already been running.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and/or how I can fix it? Could it be the dead battery? Or maybe the A/C needs to be cleaned? Or maybe it's the generators? I just don't know.

Are you using a surge protector? If so, are you using a bonding plug with it? The SP may be throwing a code that shuts it down if no bonding plug is used but the rest still works on 12v. Could have to do with hard start of the AC? Just a couple of things that come to mind.

Comment

There's a new Bolivar Beach and RV resort going in on Crystal Beach....
                It has all the bells and whistles......I think you can get a basic site for $90 a night up to around $200 a night..... TO CAMP !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

What else is running in both scenarios? Sounds like your generator can’t handle more than the ac at all. It could be the battery in the sense the charger is kicking on after you turn on the ac.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    Are you using a surge protector? If so, are you using a bonding plug with it? The SP may be throwing a code that shuts it down if no bonding plug is used but the rest still works on 12v. Could have to do with hard start of the AC? Just a couple of things that come to mind.
                    No surge protector (at least that I know of). I'm not sure what an SP is, but as to your comment about the hard-start I am fairly certain my unit does not have one of those capacitors or whatever they're called that reduce the draw on start-up. I'm kind of thinking about getting one though (EasyStart 364). It's just odd that I never had this issue with the two original generators.

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    What else is running in both scenarios? Sounds like your generator can’t handle more than the ac at all. It could be the battery in the sense the charger is kicking on after you turn on the ac.
                    If there's anything else running at all it would be a light fixture, but all the bulbs are LED so they're not drawing much.

But until I got the replacement generator I could run the microwave and a/c at the same time without issue.

Comment

Looks like we are heading to Huntsville State Park next weekend.

Comment

We will be hooking up and leaving for S Llano River SP in about 3 hrs. We will be there through Friday. Made the reservation for this spot 5 months ago. We are now booked through November of this year almost once a month. Taking August off this year.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          We do a different type of camping
                          Just upgraded to the new CampX!

Join the group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	24685470

Comment

Why do owners of RV park angle the back in sites the wrong direction?

It is infinitely easier to back in from the drivers side vs trying to watch everything through the passenger mirror.

Comment

Entertainment purposes for other campers?

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                                Entertainment purposes for other campers?
                                Hahaha.

They like to see a good couples discussion every now and then, reminds them how good they have it in their pull through site.

Comment

Working...
                                X