No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan was to stay at Bending Oaks, but we decided to stay closer since we are only going for the weekend. We talked about staying out there for a month later this summer or fall. Thanks for the information. Those were the two parks we look at staying. We also thought about The Buckhorn in Kerrville
    Last edited by sp-bow; 04-26-2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
      Hey Bill.....watch those skylights on your Xplor. I have an 2021 Xplor and i found one of mine cracked, and I'm in the middle of replacing it with an Icon. These things are paper thin! And i found mine was cracked all over once I got it out. The icon is polycarbonate, and 100 time more stout.

Now...if I could just get this sealant off......Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      We had Flexarmor put on our roof. Decided to do this after the hail cracked both skylights. Our neighbor had a little older trailer. They ended up hail just a little smaller than a baseball go thru their skylight in the shower. With Flexarmor they cover the skylights and added LED light in them. Ended up with a seamless roof with a lifetime warranty. Supposed to help keep the trailer cooler also.

Comment

We did some camping last hear with the inlaws in their 5th wheel and did Cagle on lake Conroe once this spring. Wife and I are planning our second tent camp trip to Custer South Dakota in the black hills set for July. 80 degrees for a high and upper 40’s low 50’s at night. Pre-sturgis rally so should be a little more quiet. There is still a good bit we didnt get to see or do last time we were up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beach camping. My daughters and her friends want me to take them camping on the beach with our fifth wheel. So any good spots you know of right on the beach. Also any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Comment

We got back late last night from Jellystone in Canyon Lake. Camper eas amazing we loved having so much more space. Just realized I didn’t get one picture of the setup. Headed to Galveston weekend after next.

Couple of tweaks planned- our king bed must be on a queen base because the sides aren’t supported. I can only run 2 ac units at a time. Plan to bypass the switch that controls the bedroom units and tie one into the washer/dryer circuit or run it’s own line.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              We got back late last night from Jellystone in Canyon Lake. Camper eas amazing we loved having so much more space. Just realized I didn’t get one picture of the setup. Headed to Galveston weekend after next.

Couple of tweaks planned- our king bed must be on a queen base because the sides aren’t supported. I can only run 2 ac units at a time. Plan to bypass the switch that controls the bedroom units and tie one into the washer/dryer circuit or run it’s own line.

you blowing breakers inside the RV or at the pedestal?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                you blowing breakers inside the RV or at the pedestal?

Not a breaker tripping issue. Per keystone forums there is a dumb switch somewhere that only lets power to my rear ac when the bedroom is off because they share a breaker. I’m looking to get them on their own circuits to run at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Not a breaker tripping issue. Per keystone forums there is a dumb switch somewhere that only lets power to my rear ac when the bedroom is off because they share a breaker. I’m looking to get them on their own circuits to run at the same time.

Camper have 30a service?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Camper have 30a service?
                    No, it's 50 amp. Not sure why Keystone set it up this way. I know if I use the washer circuit I'll have to run the water heater on propane and I could still trip a breaker if they all kick on at once. I would prefer to run a line out and run the rear AC off of a dedicated line to the 20amp 120v receptacle in the pedestal, ideally with a selector switch so I could go back to factory setup if need be. i rarely make things easy.

Comment

Done a bit more research and have a plan of attack. I should be able to use the washer or dryer circuit (both 20amp) for the rear ac. I’ll pick which based on keeping only 2 units on one leg of power. I’ll reuse the power management switch so its seamless to still use the washer if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        Beach camping. My daughters and her friends want me to take them camping on the beach with our fifth wheel. So any good spots you know of right on the beach. Also any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
                        Tip: Make sure daughter and friends understand, the beach needs to be cleaned off the 5th wheel when you get home.

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                          Tip: Make sure daughter and friends understand, the beach needs to be cleaned off the 5th wheel when you get home.

Hogboy

And a pan of water large enough to put feet in to wash the sand off before going up the stairs. Offers a little help.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

Hogboy
                            On the Beach RV Park in Port Aransas is what I would suggest.

Comment

So in preparation for the beach I got two champion 4500 wat inverter generators with 50amp parallel kit, a foot washer, a teakwood type pallet for bottom of stairs outside, a runner carpet for over the stairs, sand stakes to hold down pop up canopy and the sand mat/carpet and 3 ten gallon water totes to refill my tank if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                So in preparation for the beach I got two champion 4500 wat inverter generators with 50amp parallel kit, a foot washer, a teakwood type pallet for bottom of stairs outside, a runner carpet for over the stairs, sand stakes to hold down pop up canopy and the sand mat/carpet and 3 ten gallon water totes to refill my tank if need be.
                                I hope it all fits the new camper after you have to sell that one because of the endless sand that will forever be in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X