No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were at Rock Creek Park on Possum Kingdom for baseball this weekend. It's about the 4th time I've stayed there, and I really like it. It's old school, so not all spots have septic, but they are making improvements quickly. The store is open now, and they will have the pools done in a month or two. Ownership is really nice and accomodating, that's the only place we stay around PK.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
      I will be heading out to Taylor Park at Granger Lake this weekend camping. Hopefully its not crazy windy so we can get on some crappie. These windy days have made it tough to want to be on the water.
      Lake Granger is a great place.

It was rough last week on Lake Conroe. There were folks out but not many and they headed into coves for the most part. Sat there Wednesday morning hoping to catch bald eagles fishing but they were going to the calmer side across the lake. I did watch this fly right out in front of me though which was cool. It landed further down. I had 3 eagles land right above me also and had to shoot through a small opening in the trees. It was a good trip.

Watched an eagle go down and catch a fish on the far side of this shot on the right. Too far for a decent photo but tried anyway. More out of the wind here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        We were at Rock Creek Park on Possum Kingdom for baseball this weekend. It's about the 4th time I've stayed there, and I really like it. It's old school, so not all spots have septic, but they are making improvements quickly. The store is open now, and they will have the pools done in a month or two. Ownership is really nice and accomodating, that's the only place we stay around PK.
        Good to know. I havent been to PK in a long time. May have to check it out next summer

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          Lake Granger is a great place.

It was rough last week on Lake Conroe. There were folks out but not many and they headed into coves for the most part. Sat there Wednesday morning hoping to catch bald eagles fishing but there were going to the calmer side across the lake. I did watch this fly right out in front of me though which was cool. It landed further down. I had 3 eagles land right above me also and had to shoot through a small opening in the trees. It was a good trip.

Watched an eagle go down and catch a fish on the far side of this shot on the right. Too far for a decent photo but tried anyway. More out of the wind here.

Nice. thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
            Nice. thanks for sharing

Thanks for looking. The far eagle shot, heavy crop. About a 4 year old bird.

Comment

Hey Bill.....watch those skylights on your Xplor. I have an 2021 Xplor and i found one of mine cracked, and I'm in the middle of replacing it with an Icon. These things are paper thin! And i found mine was cracked all over once I got it out. The icon is polycarbonate, and 100 time more stout.

Now...if I could just get this sealant off......Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                Hey Bill.....watch those skylights on your Xplor. I have an 2021 Xplor and i found one of mine cracked, and I'm in the middle of replacing it with an Icon. These things are paper thin! And i found mine was cracked all over once I got it out. The icon is polycarbonate, and 100 time more stout.

Now...if I could just get this sealant off......Any tips?

I dealt with it last July. Fortunately I have kept it under an awning and the cracks didn't allow for any damage. I removed the black with a chisel using it very slowly.

Check this picture gallery out. Skylight replacement
                Last edited by Bill M; 04-25-2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Yup
                  Mine stays under cover when not hooked up, so no damage. I only noticed it when I took the inside trim off to put a piece of foil to block a full moon light up the place.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Bill. Very helpful!!!

We have 2 skylights unfortunately, and I am changing both out. I checked the other one out, and it's cracked too.

Is that eterna bond tape that you put down first? Great idea.

Comment

great pictures Bill.

Comment

Looking to finally make our first time this weekend. Looks like we are headed to Fredericksburg, if she doesn't change her mind and decide to go somewhere else.

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

We have 2 skylights unfortunately, and I am changing both out. I checked the other one out, and it's cracked too.

Use a razor knife to cut off what you can without getting into the roof, obviously. Then clean the snot out of it. I can’t tell a lot by those pics on my phone, but I feel like the most important part is to eliminate any spots where it could “dam” water anywhere, make it shed water with good materials (eternabond, NP1, or the other self leveling stuff), and build in redundant seals and watersheds.

I’ve had better luck doing it the way I think is right (again with good materials), double sealing everything, and running water away from it. Get everything clean first, for sure.

Manufacturers don’t seem to put a lot of long term thought into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Glad to help. Yes, Eternabond around the edge of the hole. That tip was given to me on the GDRVowners forum.

Comment

Looks like Frederickburg will be later this summer. Booked at Brazos Bend this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                                Looks like Frederickburg will be later this summer. Booked at Brazos Bend this weekend.

We are in Fredericksburge several times per year. We love staying in the Ladybird Johnson park.

Also I would advise that you avoid Bending Oaks RV at all cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X