South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
    did not hunt like I planned last year. We took 1 buck and 6 does off our ranch. We normally take 8-10 bucks. We need to kill more does but just never did it.
    I still need to get back down to get my Mule that the rats ate wires on last year and my RV.
    I did see on FB that there was a small fire south of San Ygnacio last week. I am sure that there will be more if we do not get some rain.
    We had tons of young bucks and some bucks that will be awesome if they lived.
    All my cameras are dead.

I need to get down but work and kids seem to be getting in the way.

To be honest I am worried about what it will look like...
    Only upside is with not as much water around maybe the hogs will find water somewhere else.
    Like Mexico....

I finally switched to cell cams with solar panels and will never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Chance of rain coming up from mex...some areas expecting a lot. Not promising for starr according to the local.

Comment

Real dry on our place in SE Webb county too. Had rain in the area but missed out so far. We’ve fed over 11 tons of cottonseed since January 3rd. Probably half that much more protein. Cattle are so hungry they’re starting to tear up our feed pens. We need rain baaad‼️

Comment

Well the deer have been poking at the cottonseed a little but not hammering.

The cows hammered it and ate it all at one feeder. They were in another pasture so we set it out where they were not supposed to be but I guess somebody decided to move them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

At our place in Carrizo Springs right now and its extremely dry, only thing green is mesquite and cactus. Hopefully we get some rain next week.

Comment

You chose the year with the highest cottonseed price I have ever seen to start feeding it.....I have been pricing it and to be honest it's too close to the price of a pallet of protien witch in the end still holds more nutritional value than cotton seed .........cottonseed just used to be a cheap alternative to feeding protien but it ain't no more so I just doubled up on my protien......
              Attached Files

Comment

The puddle of water under my feeder grows with every pic sent tonight. Loving it

Comment

Yup, Good chance for rain all over deep s. tx tonite!!

Comment

Little rain on the camera lens's of a couple of my Reveals, but no standing water yet... Got my fingers crossed... sure need it bad!!

Comment

Starr getting hammered!!

Comment

Ranch hand just reported 4.5" in the south rain gauge...good stuff.

Comment

cows busted down my feed pen and ate all the cotton seed. Jerks.
                          Land owner fixed the pen for me and said he will get me some more when he goes to pick up feed. Grass is gone for the most part. Pond is getting lower. We need rain and lots of it we need a good west cost hurricane to come up and stall out for a few days.

Comment

We got 1.05" last night. SE Webb Co

Comment

1.3/4” south end of Cameron ( county line ) rd [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2" in Carrizo Springs.

Comment

Working...
                                X