Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following just bought the family our first travel trailer today

Comment

Anyone mount a Dish traveler pro 1000 on top of their RV? If so, could y’all post some pics? Would like to see how cables are ran

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        Anyone mount a Dish traveler pro 1000 on top of their RV? If so, could y’all post some pics? Would like to see how cables are ran

Any of these I have seen are portable and not mounted. Too much chance of trees blocking the satellite path otherwise I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          Any of these I have seen are portable and not mounted. Too much chance of trees blocking the satellite path otherwise I would think.
          It’s to big and heavy, wineguard says only to roof mount

Comment

It’s to big and heavy, wineguard says only to roof mount
            First I have ever seen of that one. No help here.

Comment

Different brand but we have a roof mounted unit. It’s nice going down the road when we have the boys with us but coverage in camp is 50/50 at best due to trees etc. We also have a Dish Tailgater for when we don’t have coverage and really want it.

If I was going one or other I would stick with Tailgater.

Comment

Anyone in Port Arkansas next weekend?

Comment

Went to Lake Texana and Brackenridge Park....very nice campground and only $35 a night

Comment

We had an old Wineguard system that I removed from the roof of our Class C. The wires were run from the unit into the vent cover for the fridge on ours.
                    The wires then ran down the fridge compartment to a switch and the rest of the pieces/parts.

The vent area makes for fairly easy access, but becareful that you get it all covered up well so that you don't introduce new leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                      We had an old Wineguard system that I removed from the roof of our Class C. The wires were run from the unit into the vent cover for the fridge on ours.
                      The wires then ran down the fridge compartment to a switch and the rest of the pieces/parts.

The vent area makes for fairly easy access, but becareful that you get it all covered up well so that you don't introduce new leaks.

I’ve got a few pipe vents on the roof I was thinking about running the wire through, looking to drill as few holes possible. Thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Different brand but we have a roof mounted unit. It’s nice going down the road when we have the boys with us but coverage in camp is 50/50 at best due to trees etc. We also have a Dish Tailgater for when we don’t have coverage and really want it.

If I was going one or other I would stick with Tailgater.
                        Good idea, might by a tailgater also just in case of to many trees

Comment

Good idea, might by a tailgater also just in case of to many trees

This is all I ever see at the state parks and coe's. Run it away from the rig that is parked under trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            This is all I ever see at the state parks and coe's. Run it away from the rig that is parked under trees.
                            The reason I got the wineguard is because I’ve got 2 TVs in the RV and with the wineguard you can watch different channels at the same time. Going to get extra long cord for tailgater

Comment

I didn't run this wire through a vent. Got a 1 pc white weatherproof solar photovoltaic plastic bracket curved cable connector to run my cable for my Weboost signal booster. We now stream the TV we watch at most places using our AT&T phones as a hot spot. Had 60 down on Lake Somerville in February but only about 5 or 6 in the bowl that is Brazos Bend SP and still streamed some. A few photos of the install.

Bulkhead penetration

About 2 ft from back wall

Living area and kitchen

Wires behind TV panel

Indoor booster

Setup on back of rig

Comment

Hoping someone here can help. I would like to get a folding fillet table with a sink for food prep, outdoor dish washing etc. I need a way to connect it to the sewer drain. I can't find a fitting so I thought I would ask before a buy a straight RV hose coupler and get out the epoxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X