2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah epic trip there Mr Moser.

That area is definitely on our list. I want to go to the observatory and nerd out on space stuff and get some night time pics in a dark sky park.

I bet the views at night are incredible with no light pollution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Heck yeah epic trip there Mr Moser.

That area is definitely on our list. I want to go to the observatory and nerd out on space stuff and get some night time pics in a dark sky park.

I bet the views at night are incredible with no light pollution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What you’re talking about is more Big Bend than here. We’re 15 miles south of Amarillo, and we’ve had big moons, so not great stars.

I want to go to big bend now more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Sealed the deal and brought home the new to us RV upgrade today. 2017 Raptor 355ts. Big difference from the RV queen one bedroom work and play with no slides.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Great pics showing how the Lighthouse really is, Dale. Thanks.

Bob, nice rig.

Sitting here in Brazos Bend SP this morning. Got here yesterday before the bad weather started and now waiting on what will likely be the heaviest rain since we got here. I haven't unloaded the truck yet but will once the rain clears. Supposed to be beautiful the rest of the week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	275984046_4738322586295399_5819782525563888912_n (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	24679313

Comment

We like that park Bill. It’s booked solid on the weekends it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                All the pics are in Palo Duro State Park, but we’re camping at Canyon Rim RV park, right outside the gates to the state park.

Camped there couple times its great and it looks like yall had a blast. Its a pretty good hump for me from San Antonio but worth it. Our last trip there it snowed and it gave the place a whole other look.

This coming weekend we headed to South llano State park. Never been there even though its only 2 hours from my house.

Two weeks ago we camped at Goliad State Park. Pretty cool with a lot of history. Nice park was not crowded at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  We like that park Bill. It’s booked solid on the weekends it seems.

Yeh, it's pretty popular. I made this reservation back in December and we camp during the week.

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  Camped there couple times its great and it looks like yall had a blast. Its a pretty good hump for me from San Antonio but worth it. Our last trip there it snowed and it gave the place a whole other look.

This coming weekend we headed to South llano State park. Never been there even though its only 2 hours from my house.

Two weeks ago we camped at Goliad State Park. Pretty cool with a lot of history. Nice park was not crowded at all.

S. Llano River SP is our favorite park. It is the park that made us begin thinking of buying a travel trailer. We will be there in May. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    Yeh, it's pretty popular. I made this reservation back in December and we camp during the week.

S. Llano River SP is our favorite park. It is the park that made us begin thinking of buying a travel trailer. We will be there in May. Enjoy.

Wow now I'm even more excited to visit. Thanks

Comment

OK went to South Llano River State Park. I don't think I have ever seen drier country. One spark and that place will explode. No leaves on any trees and powder for dirt. We had a good time, just relaxing, did a couple hikes. Dang big park that's for sure.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You ever heard that saying about dogs looking like their owners….[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          You ever heard that saying about dogs looking like their owners….[emoji23][emoji23]

LMAO yes and yes lol

Comment

That's a nice park for sure, hopefully the water is flowing enough in the river not to be stagnant.

Watching the front cross the state this morning I was hoping that area would at least get a splash, but it appears to have been skipped. Sadly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              OK went to South Llano River State Park. I don't think I have ever seen drier country. One spark and that place will explode. No leaves on any trees and powder for dirt. We had a good time, just relaxing, did a couple hikes. Dang big park that's for sure.
                              Looks like site 046. It's feast or famine there as far as the rain goes it seems. Glad y'all had a good time.

We will be there end of May. Hope they get some rain before then.

How is the new visitor's center coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                                Looks like site 046. It's feast or famine there as far as the rain goes it seems. Glad y'all had a good time.

We will be there end of May. Hope they get some rain before then.

How is the new visitor's center coming along?
                                I was amazed at how big the park is and lots of remote camping. Very very dry need rain bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X