X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff Philip!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those croaker are about as good eatin' as any fish too!! Actually better'n most!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Those croaker are about as good eatin' as any fish too!! Actually better'n most!
        One of my favorite.

Comment

I grew up being taught that anything that wasn't a Redfish, Trout or Flounder was trash and toss it back no matter the size. Now having grown up and spent many years traveling the world (mainly Asia) for business, I developed all new mindset. All good eating sized croakers, whiting, drum ect... go right on the cooler. I have really missed out on a lot of good eating fish with that misconception.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            I always stuck with 12lb Berkley Big Game. Never tried to fix what wasn't broke.
            I still run big game on most reels. At the rec of Mexico Ive been trying a yo-zuri hybrid flouro/nylon. Its been good so far.

Ive only got braid on egg beaters

Comment

I will give y'all a tip on some more affordable braid that is really good. I use a ton of this stuff and it is really good quality line. It's called Hercules Braid and you can get it on Amazon. You can get all different colors and a bunch of different spool sizes. I typically buy grey 30# 4 strand. They have 4 strand and 8 strand. I have used both and I prefer the 4 strand, it seems to be a little smaller diameter and a tighter braid at the same breaking strength as compared to their 8 strand. The 4 strand casts better for me. 2200 yards of their 30# 4 strand braid is usually around $40. 1100 yards is $20. I have caught it on sale frequently where the 2200 yard spools are $25-30. I use this line on all of my spinning reels and have started using it on some of my baitcasters too and it works great. I've been using this line for 5 or 6 years at least and have caught many thousands of fish on it. My customers use it every day and it just flat out works. It holds up and casts very well and I have full confidence in it. Give it a try, it is a heck of a bargain IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I still run big game on most reels. At the rec of Mexico Ive been trying a yo-zuri hybrid flouro/nylon. Its been good so far.

Ive only got braid on egg beaters
                Back in the 90's before Power Pro came out I played around with a bunch of different braids and fusion type lines as they came out for years and none of them were great. Yo Zuri Hybrid 10# in smoke color was my goto mono. I'd try different stuff but would go back to the Yo Zuri. It's good line as far as mono is concerned. Once PP came out and I figured it out I have never used mono again for inshore fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  With deer season and my boat being in the shop, I haven’t been fishing since October. We’ve been messing around at the river, and my girl has been wearing fish out. Lots of black drum and magnum croaker. I will hit the ground running next month.

She could catch a fish out of that orange bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    She could catch a fish out of that orange bucket.

Well Glenn, looks like that's where she's puttin' 'em!! Got a big ol' tail stickin' out of it already!! Not only is she a fish-slaying pro, she's a deer killin' expert too with her own rifle!! She can flat shoot good as she fishes!!

Comment

Been on several trips since the beginning of the year, some days in the 60s and some in the lower 40s and water temps all over the place lol. We have been doing well every time out, only a couple days where we caught a ton of fish but overall we are catching enough to only hit a few spots a day and the day goes by quick! Have only fished 9 mile south to SPI but mostly between the cut and Mansfield. Going this weekend even with the coming front but will wade since winds are expected to be stupid on Friday. I'm too new to post pics but plenty of slot reds and several oversized. Not as many trout but I did catch a 22" and a bigger trout than that spit the hook at the boat a couple weeks ago. I'll post more so I can add pics later LOL.

Comment

Anyone going to the Oyster Reef Closure scoping meetings tonight in Galveston, Rockport, or Port Lavaca?
                        Last edited by El General; 03-03-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/rel...?req=20220218a

Anyone going to the Oyster Reef Closure scoping meetings tonight in Galveston, Rockport, or Port Lavaca?
                          Yep

Comment

2 of us caught a half limit on Monday afternoon in West bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              Yep
                              I am curious about your take on the closure in Mesquite, Ayres, and Carlos. I know you are an oysterman and certainly have a different point of view than I do.

Or about the coast wide closure this season based on, I believe, average size caught in TPWD sampling.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                I am curious about your take on the closure in Mesquite, Ayres, and Carlos. I know you are an oysterman and certainly have a different point of view than I do.

Or about the coast wide closure this season based on, I believe, average size caught in TPWD sampling.
                                I’ll reply after while
                                Thanks for asking

Comment

Working...
                                X