Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    You will need a clear line of site to the sky and it is not straight up. At least mine isn’t. The dish has motors and moves into position on its own. Mine is tilted pretty good towards the north. I believe the signal cone is 110 degrees.

They do make a pole mount to get it up higher.

I’m sure that answers none of your questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might give you a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      So how hard is it to get clearance? We have a lot of trees at our camp/cabin area. Worried about getting clearance. Is it pointing more straight up or closer to the horizon? I'm a pretty technical guy so excuse all the industry lingo in my post.

This might help describe…

Comment

I'm signed up for our place in Montana. No idea how long we'll have to wait.

Comment

Thanks Biggs. So it needs to have clearance in four different directions? That ain't good

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            So how hard is it to get clearance? We have a lot of trees at our camp/cabin area. Worried about getting clearance. Is it pointing more straight up or closer to the horizon? I'm a pretty technical guy so excuse all the industry lingo in my post.

The horizon arc is 180°, shave 35° off each side and that is the field of view required in all directions for Starlink(beta).
            180° is only possible if your in the middle of dead flat landscape and can actually see horizon to horizon.
            Figure the distance to your nearest obstruction, then calculate how high you need to be to achieve a clear 110° arc.
            Once he gets all 40k of them balls up there, it won't matter anymore, I fully expect it will work from the inside and the units we have now will be outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Now to see what happens with the speeds once they leave beta.
              I thought they left beta a couple of months ago.

Comment

This is some serious tech. Living in an area with nothing available but a landline or viasat. Averaging over 100mb down and 30ms latency. I am blown away. I could run voip on this if I wanted to. Latency similar to cable. Thank you sir Elon!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got mine set up last night and it is crazy fast!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those are good numbers. I have fiber and get between 350 and 500...

Comment

Those are great numbers! Wife needs over 20 upload for her works gear.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        I thought they left beta a couple of months ago.
                        Yes they did, my info was incorrect.
                        I hadn't heard either of my engineers mention it, and just assumed.

Comment

Looks like Starlink just raised it's pricing due to inflation.

Hope I can actually start using it before it goes up too much in price.

Comment

I got the email on price increase today as well. In May it is going to $110/mo. Still cheaper than what we had previously and 273x faster(yes it is really 273x faster)

Comment

No kidding I was paying right at 200/mo for viasats top package offered in my area. I was getting 20 down consistently sometimes better but the latency was awful sometimes more than a full second to ping a server.

Speeds 6x faster but it's the latency that makes all the difference.

I'm so uses to being ripped off by viasat that I won't complain abt price until it's over 200/mo.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                                I got the email on price increase today as well. In May it is going to $110/mo. Still cheaper than what we had previously and 273x faster(yes it is really 273x faster)
                                Same here.
                                Still waiting on mine. Suppose to be this year.
                                Competition is good, now AT&T is wanting to talk to my area’s homeowners about getting fiber installed and what we each would pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X