2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    A little off topic but I thought I'd post a rigging tip. I fish a lot of shallow back lakes and bayous that have a lot of oyster shell and grass. I use a 4/0 weighted swim bait hook with a twist wire. It rarely gets hung up and comes out pretty easy when it gets stuck. I'm sure it's not new to most on here but I've been asked a few times by friends so I thought I'd show a picture.

Thanks for the tip! Always Appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Thanks for the tip! Always Appreciated!

X2. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warsaw

My son Grant and his buddies Ryan and Kevin caught this Warsaw today offshore
        Estimate weight 70 to 80lbs. They were stoked to say the least
        Attached Files

Comment

A little off topic but I thought I'd post a rigging tip. I fish a lot of shallow back lakes and bayous that have a lot of oyster shell and grass. I use a 4/0 weighted swim bait hook with a twist wire. It rarely gets hung up and comes out pretty easy when it gets stuck. I'm sure it's not new to most on here but I've been asked a few times by friends so I thought I'd show a picture.
          Nice will add these to the arsenal

Comment

Kevin, that's similar to how I rig the GrassWalkers when I fish them in a lot of grass. I find though that if the screw lock is screwed up until it starts to bury the hook into the head of the lure and bring the hook out and just barely reinsert the tip back into the lure they will shed grass much better and still catch just as good... Got another little trick using a barrel cork that I use when fishing bad floating grass or bottom growing grass that works pretty well too. I'll show you this Spring when I finally get to fish again!!

Comment

Yes sir that helps a lot with the grass. The Trout Support GrassWalker is a great trout (and bass) lure for me this time of year too.

Comment

There ain't no tellin' how many redfish I've caught on 'em at the Chandeleur's since Toby came out with them!! And Yes, they're good BIG trout lures especially for cold weather fishin when you'd use Corky's... Corky's n grass are no bueno...

Comment

Just move'n this one up the list a little. I had a hard time finding it, and i aint real good at automatically following threads. We seem to be a little behind this year in new posts which keeps the thread easy to locate. Doesnt seem to be a problemwith the perch fisherman. That one is always up front. I don't think it makes much sense to post a nonsense thread just to move it up, but I am.

Comment

Yep time for this thread to start gaining more steam.
                    We finally got out after hunting season came to a wrap but didn't have time to fish.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Took the wife to the ditch and caught trout and she fed the dolphins. Most were undersize but none survived. Probably fed them 25 or so when she got tired of feeding them headed home. Water is cold and blown out

Comment

Back after Christmas I ordered a custom rod after a few weeks of going back and forth on brand, model, color scheme and grips. Once I finally made a decision waterloo built the rod and had it to me within 3 weeks. Once I got the rod it exceeded my expectations and then I started reel shopping. Once again my indecisiveness took ahold, but today I finally made my final decision on a reel. Although not the most expensive of the Reels I looked at, the lews ended up being the lightest and smoothest so it got the nod. Here is my new #1 setup. 6’6” custom waterloo carbon mag medium with extra fast tip.

Super light and strong, perfect for wading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice rig!

Comment

Nice!!!

Trying to figure out a way not to get hounded, but what length and action is your rod?

Been thinking about getting the wife one of those Carbon Mags.

Comment

Nice ride Justin!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                                Trying to figure out a way not to get hounded, but what length and action is your rod?
                                Lol I read pounded, even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X