No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you could say my family and I camp out every day since we are full timers. Started off in a Coachman 360IBL but upgraded a couple of weeks ago to a Columbus C Series 379MBC which is more of a traditional mid bunk RV with a loft so our daughter has more room.

For short weekend getaways though, I’m working on converting a small cargo trailer into, more or less, a tear drop camper. Gonna try to have all of the interior walls and most of the electrical done by then.

Comment

If anyone is in the area, come check me out! Trinitybayrvlodging.com

Comment

Place to go to

Gulf shores state park
        Cajun Palms In Lafayette, LA
        If you have kids - Jellystone parks. I prefer the one in Burleson
        Buena Vista Wildlife Safari and RV park in Evant
        Dinosaur Valley State park or Oakdale park in Glen Rose.
        Canyon of the Eagles at Lake Buchanan

I'm sure there are others that I would recommend but those definitely jump out at me.

I plan to go to the sponsor Jetstream RV in Pearland this spring break. Was supposed to go 2 years ago when covid hit and shut down everything so we cancelled that trip.
        Last edited by BigL; 02-10-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Moab in a few weeks

Comment

Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought our first a 1 1/2 years ago. We usually stay at State Parks and COE. Bought a State park pass a few years ago. Last spring we took a trip to Palo Duro and Caprock. At Palo Duro we had hail two nights in a row. First night wasn't bad, second was bad. 13K damage to the truck and 17K to the trailer. Trailer has been in the shop the past 8 months. Hopefully we will get it back soon.

Comment

Will also use ours for baseball as well. We have 10 tournaments between the 1st of March and Memorial weekend. Longer trips other than spring break will have to wait until summer.

Comment

We’ve run all over the place in our rig. Always an adventure. Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier NP all last summer. Palo Duro this past thanksgiving break.

Texas has a lot of great options. Our favorite weekend getaways are Lost Maples, Colorado Bend (we stay in Lampasas), and Hidden Falls.

Comment

We go somewhere every 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Congrats on the TT purchase. We will be at Wilson Fox Granger this weekend. We usually do one weekend a month through winter. In the summer we are somewhere every 2-3 weeks. We typically do Wilson fox at granger or Big Creek and Rocky at Somerville. This summer we’re branching out to Lake Limestone, Navarro Mills lake, river trip to New Braunfels, river trip to Bandera, and beach trip to Galveston as well as the usual trips to Somerville and Granger. It’s a great way to spend to time with family and friends. If your ever have questions please reach out and I’ll try to help. If your around Granger or Somerville holler and we’ll drink a beer.

Comment

Always liked Purtis Creek.
                        or Ft. Richardson..

Comment

Good idea for a thread. I enjoy many State Park trips. Would be interested in knowing some of yalls favorite places to go and things to do while there.

Comment

We average every other weekend. I believe we have visited 32 state parks in Texas and several COE. Lost Maples is one of our favorites, but in the fall is gets crowded!

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
                              Congrats on the TT purchase. We will be at Wilson Fox Granger this weekend. We usually do one weekend a month through winter. In the summer we are somewhere every 2-3 weeks. We typically do Wilson fox at granger or Big Creek and Rocky at Somerville. This summer we’re branching out to Lake Limestone, Navarro Mills lake, river trip to New Braunfels, river trip to Bandera, and beach trip to Galveston as well as the usual trips to Somerville and Granger. It’s a great way to spend to time with family and friends. If your ever have questions please reach out and I’ll try to help. If your around Granger or Somerville holler and we’ll drink a beer.
                              Sounds good. Thanks for the offer. We will be at Wilson Fox over 4th of July and I am sure several other weekends during the summer.

Comment

I'm all for a date, location so we can get together. Make some early reservations.

Comment

Working...
                                X