Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job!

Comment

Man I’m ready to get back to Rockport, haven’t been back since September 26! Few more javelina archery hunts (10 more), one more month of working dogs on a few MLD deer, knee surgery and it’s on. Hope my RV is still there… [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job Kevin!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Thanks Glen for the report

Took the kid down the street from me in Sargent kayak fishing today. He's a great kid, polite, well mannered and a joy to be with. I've been making him lures for awile, he's ate up with fishing. Now he's got bragging rights forever. Made my day.
          A BIG Thumbs up for you! Thanks for helping get our youth into fishing!

Congrats to the Young Man Too!!

Comment

No pics this time. Just a report. I didn't make it out. However, my youngest Dax and a couple of his buddies overnighted Saturday night in a cabin in LLM (that is Lower Laguna Madre for those that may not be familiar with the area). Saturday afternoon they caught 45 keeper trout (only kept a couple for dinner). He said most were 20 ish. Caught 6 that were 25-27. Sunday morning they caught 27 keepers. About the same ration on size. Didn't catch any huge sows but he said the bite was above average. All trout. They snagged a few rat reds, but were targeting trout. He said he had photos on one of his buddies phone but the phone went into the drink. So that is that.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
              No pics this time. Just a report. I didn't make it out. However, my youngest Dax and a couple of his buddies overnighted Saturday night in a cabin in LLM (that is Lower Laguna Madre for those that may not be familiar with the area). Saturday afternoon they caught 45 keeper trout (only kept a couple for dinner). He said most were 20 ish. Caught 6 that were 25-27. Sunday morning they caught 27 keepers. About the same ration on size. Didn't catch any huge sows but he said the bite was above average. All trout. They snagged a few rat reds, but were targeting trout. He said he had photos on one of his buddies phone but the phone went into the drink. So that is that.
              In my experience, if you’re catching rat reds in a big trout area, the big trout are nearby…they’re just not feeding yet.

Comment

Took the kid down the street from me in Sargent kayak fishing today. He's a great kid, polite, well mannered and a joy to be with. I've been making him lures for awile, he's ate up with fishing. Now he's got bragging rights forever. Made my day.
                Great Job Kevin!!

Comment

Fishing SZN

Threw a lure for an hour at frozen point in the sun - NADA

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a little late on the post. I could not get down there, but Dax fished LLM after the front on Sunday. Had a good day on trout. Said they had plenty of action on 25-27 inch trout. The arm extension cracks me up. No big sows though. Here are some photos he sent:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to Dax!

Comment

Hella nice coloring on the bottom trout

Comment

That is great!!

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                              That is great!!
                              Thanks.
                              Those are some nice fish.
                              I snuck out of work and kayaked my flat. Zero tide movement this afternoon equaled zero reds for me. Didn't see any signs, it was dead water. Oh well.

Comment

A little off topic but I thought I'd post a rigging tip. I fish a lot of shallow back lakes and bayous that have a lot of oyster shell and grass. I use a 4/0 weighted swim bait hook with a twist wire. It rarely gets hung up and comes out pretty easy when it gets stuck. I'm sure it's not new to most on here but I've been asked a few times by friends so I thought I'd show a picture.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X