Classifieds Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds Question

Is it just me or what but does there seem to be a shortage of a few certain items in the classifieds these days? Three things that I’ve seemed to have noticed lately are used bows for sale, travel trailer campers and utility trailers. Usually there has been several of those things for sale at any given time. I’m not saying there are none, but the overall numbers seem to be down. Especially this time of year with folks getting off of leases and selling their campers and trailers or with new bows coming out selling their old ones. Has anyone else noticed this?

Lotsa folks are holding on to stuff instead of buying or upgrading I would imagine. And demand for some things like RV campers is at a all time high.

Comment

I have to agree. I been looking on here and every place since December for a good lease camper. Finally found a gem yesterday after 4 months of looking.

Comment

I’ve found bows and other archery equipment are hard to sell on here. For some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Sir View Post
          Lotsa folks are holding on to stuff instead of buying or upgrading I would imagine. And demand for some things like RV campers is at a all time high.
          This!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Sir View Post
            Exactly right. Prices for the new stuff in a lot of cases is 20% or more higher than it was a year ago. A lot of people who don't already have stuff like travel trailers, atvs, boats, pools, trailers, etc. are full throttle and will pay the premium but a lot of folks looking to "upgrade" are stepping back and asking if now is the right time. The result is low inventory of used which artificially inflates demand for new.

Same thing is happening in housing btw.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We were also short on the tax man sales this year. Usually there are quite a few of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have probably sold 6-7 bows in the last 2 years and this is my take on them.

If you do Facebook, there are usually at least 2-3 groups for any brand. I can list them on here and they’ll sit for a couple of weeks or longer. I can list them on the group pages and have it sold in 2-3 days Max. By listing in the group pages, you are listing to a large market that is already interested in the brand and also the bow itself. I think people have come to realize it’s much easier and faster going that route.

Everything on Facebook Marketplace sells like hot cakes if it’s priced right, especially trailers/campers and things of that sort.

Why make two listings when one will generate a buyer pretty quick.

Comment

Much as I detest facebook, FB Marketplace is super easy and effective to sell on. Especially if I don't want to ship larger items.

Archery stuff won't move on FB Marketplace, though. I've sold arrows and such here and Trad Talk.

Comment

Working...
                  X