Popup Blinds & Cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup Blinds & Cows

Curious... in yall's experience do cows mess with or chew on popup blinds? We have quite a few cows on our lease and I want to put a blind up for the weekend but I'm a bit hesitant. How do yall keep cows from getting at them or is it usually no problem??

They will destroy it.

Comment

They will destroy pop up blinds. Break hubs, chew shoot through netting, etc. Need to put barb wire fencing around them to keep cows out.

Comment

^ yep, must be made of range cubes.

Comment

I have had them turn mine into the ball for a herd soccer game on more than one occasion.

Comment

Dang, that's what I figured. They eat everything else... why not a blind. *******s

Comment

2 t post and 2 hog panels and your good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                2 t post and 2 hog panels and your good to go!
                Great idea actually

Comment

They've never messed with mine

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I though our caves would tear em up but no damage at all. The cows seem to give em a wide birth.

Comment

I use 3 tpost and make a triangle around my blind, then run 1 strand of barb wire about 3/4 the way up. If not they'll destroy them.

Comment

Just put a bunch of dead limbs around the the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                          Great idea actually
                          Wives tale or not? I was told rattle snakes won't crawl over the metal on the bottom of the panels. True or not, we have never found a rattler in a pop up. Knock on wood here

You will have to notch out where your planning on shooting.

Comment

I built short platforms about 2-3 foot tall and 8x8 and haven’t had an issue

Comment

I don’t typically have problems, but I have in the past. Mostly just make sure you don’t set it up on a cow trail. They’ll walk right through it like it isn’t even there.

The last few years I’ve had mine in a pretty thick spot with just one shooting window. Leave it up all season without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X