Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divided America ... pic worth a thousand words ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divided America ... pic worth a thousand words ...

From CNN website ... amazing how such a small area, percentage wise, can have such an impact ....

Understand that’s where major population is but still
    Attached Files
    Last edited by awry; 11-07-2018, 11:40 AM.

I wonder what it would look like to overlay a crime statistics map too...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
      im willing to bet it would be near identical

Comment

Representatives represent people not land.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Understood ... just amazing how vastly different metro vs rural viewpoints apparently are ...

Comment

Shots fired!

Comment

Representatives are supposed to represent people not land.
              FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                Understood ... just amazing how vastly different metro vs rural viewpoints apparently are ...
                X2

Imagine the direction of the country if they used the area of districts won instead of the population of the city slickers

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  X2

Imagine the direction of the country if they used the area of districts won instead of the population of the city slickers
                  You know it's funny how people on both sides of the aisle will complain about the same things in different ways. I was reading an article this morning about how ridiculous it seems that the democrats got 10 million more votes than republicans for the senate and they still lost seats. The argument is that California has 68 times the population of Wyoming but the same number of senate seats so if you think of it that way, a voter in Wyoming has 68 times the power of a voter in California (or 50 times the power of a voter in Texas). Maybe the existing system is pretty good he way it is since both sides think it's unfair.

Comment

There's a new question on the 2019 Census, "Are you a US Citizen?"....

This is going to shake things up!....

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                      im willing to bet it would be near identical
                      Yall dont think that maybe the more populous areas have more crime?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        There's a new question on the 2019 Census, "Are you a US Citizen?"....

This is going to shake things up!....
                        there should be 2,,,

do you think you should be prompted to press 1 for English?

Comment

That just emphasizes the brilliance of the founding fathers and why the electoral college (that the liberals want to abolish) was set up. They feared the voice of the rural population would be silenced by concentration of people that are located in large cities.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                            You know it's funny how people on both sides of the aisle will complain about the same things in different ways. I was reading an article this morning about how ridiculous it seems that the democrats got 10 million more votes than republicans for the senate and they still lost seats. The argument is that California has 68 times the population of Wyoming but the same number of senate seats so if you think of it that way, a voter in Wyoming has 68 times the power of a voter in California (or 50 times the power of a voter in Texas). Maybe the existing system is pretty good he way it is since both sides think it's unfair.

That is why we have the House of Representatives. House is based on population, and the Senate every state is equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                              That is why we have the House of Representatives. House is based on population, and the Senate every state is equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This. The House represents the people. The Senate represents the best interests of the State. That's the way its supposed to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X