First Success on Blanco County Lease! Axis Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I got REALLY lucky on the recovery. I roughly measured the track that I made (inside red line) down the creek, along the fence line, along adjacent fence line, and then back up hill toward clearing where I blindly stumbled upon her. The straight line distance was 417 yards…and not anywhere close to where she actually ran after I lost sight of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That OnX is a great tool for recognizing these situations. That’s wild man, good Lord blessed you on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Congrats!

What blind is that?

Krivo 2.0.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congratulations on your first Axis! Great to see you back in front of the camera. Looking forward to this year's content.

Comment

Congrats Michael. Any Axis with a bow is no small feat.
          They are the definition of skittish. Enjoy the meat and cool vid.

Comment

Congratulations! Some fine eating right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
              Congratulations on your first Axis! Great to see you back in front of the camera. Looking forward to this year's content.

Thanks for the encouragement. [emoji106]

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hey hey!!! Thanks for the mention. Great camera work and presence as always. I’d still be without an axis had that been me, cus you have the huevos to take that shot and I don’t. Worked out perfectly. Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats. I will be out chasing spots in a few weeks.

Comment

Good to see you capturing and producing again.........Congrats on the axis.

Rwc

Comment

Oh, man, I have many fond memories of hunting in Blanco with my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                        You crazy with that shot angle, Bossman

Glad you smacked a big ol' nanny. Any polka dot with a bow is a good one.

She'll eat
                        Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Hey hey!!! Thanks for the mention. Great camera work and presence as always. I’d still be without an axis had that been me, cus you have the huevos to take that shot and I don’t. Worked out perfectly. Congrats!!!
                        LOL! Juevos can definitely lead to a lapse in judgement, so maybe you're right. I don't think I've ever taken a quartering to shot before, and I'm unlikely to do so again, even though it ultimately worked out.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          LOL! Juevos can definitely lead to a lapse in judgement, so maybe you're right. I don't think I've ever taken a quartering to shot before, and I'm unlikely to do so again, even though it ultimately worked out.
                          With what you're shooting I wouldn't hesitate with that shot. You didn't hit exactly where you'd hoped, but it was still a kill shot. I am a little surprised at the penetration though. I'd have expected that to blow right through. Did it at least poke out the other side?

What is your new arrow weight?

Comment

i once shot an axis around that same spot never found it... after some research I found that the vitals sit way tighter and forward. A typical broadside lung shot would be a gutshot on them spotted variety.

Nice video thx for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

What is your new arrow weight?
                              I can answer that. 525 gr.

Comment

I'm old and fat. You are working too hard to drag a deer. I use a ten foot length of mule tape. Tie it around the neck and then take a half hitch over the nose. That way the nose isn't catching on every bush you pass, and you aren't pulling against the direction that the hair grows. Keeping the hair fuzzed up and working against you generates more drag than you need to have to overcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X