Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Chew Crew hunt of the season (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Chew Crew hunt of the season (with video)

I took my two youngest sons (Jeffrey, 15 and Joshua, 16) to the lease for one final hunt. It has been a really sucky year thus far for deer quality. The only thing we've taken is a 5 pt and 3 pt cull. All the doe had yearlings late into the year so we didn't shoot any (not that we saw many).

The activity finally picked up this weekend and we saw a lot more deer. But the bad luck continued when Josh took a shot at a real nice buck on Saturday morning and his bullet actually hit a strand of wire on the feeder pen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0615-small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	24839699

The buck jumped out of the pen and walked around for awhile and left. Thanks to senile Dad forgetting the ammo, Josh only had ONE bullet in his gun (that's all I've ever needed ) and the buck walked away without a care in the world while Josh just shook his head at his bad luck.

Jeffrey and I had our own bad luck that same morning. A real nice 8 pt came in at daylight. When it was finally light enough to shoot, Jeffrey stuck his rifle out of of the blind window and the old scope was completely fogged up. As he was wiping the lenses, the buck got spooked and took off with all the other deer. This is the second deer that me and Jeff have spooked out of this blind in two years (I think it's a little too close to the feeder).

The next evening Jeffrey's bad luck continued when he missed a shot at a mature doe. I was sitting with Josh when the following events transpired (no, we were not hunting during an earthquake....I forgot the tripod as usual):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOz2lgGlprg"]YouTube - Youth Hunt in Ft. McKavett, TX[/ame]

Thanks for following along! 'Til next year...

Name:	IMG_0618-small.jpg
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	24839700

Name:	IMG_0619-small.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	24839702

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	24839701
    Last edited by Chew; 01-10-2011, 09:48 PM.

Thanks to senile Dad forgetting the ammo, Josh only had ONE bullet in his gun (that's all I've ever needed )
    LMBO

Love the video Congratulations to all.

Comment

Cool video Bobby! Congrats Josh!

Comment

Barney Fife comes to mind.

Good shot, Josh!
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Gotta love it when they drop like that! Good shootin youngin!

Hey Bobby, thanks for taking time over the season to post up your pictures and reports. I enjoyed them very much and look forward to them every year. Job well done brother and can't wait to follow along again next year...always a pleasure.

Comment

Congrats Josh. Sorry to hear about y'all having a bad season. Tell Jeff to keep his chin up. Hitting that wire was a piece of bad luck for sure.

Comment

Well done Bobby.

I think I passed you on I10 around Comfort on Friday evening. Red jeep with two large coolers on a receiver rack?

Comment

I have not been on the green screen for quit a while, but. Congrats and tanks for taking us folks on a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by JimN View Post
                  Well done Bobby.

I think I passed you on I10 around Comfort on Friday evening. Red jeep with two large coolers on a receiver rack?
                  Hey Jim. That would be me. It's hell not having a real truck sometimes! Hope yall are doing good.

Comment

As always, great stuff. Congrats to your son

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                      Barney Fife comes to mind.

Good shot, Josh!

I really left myself open on that one!

This pearl of wisdom brought to you by Tapatalk!

Comment

Good stuff.

Even when things go awry, the Chew Crew delivers.

Comment

COngrats on the kill. A little bad luck just makes for better stories.

Comment

Too funny.... One Bullet Barney was the first thing that came to my mind too.

Blaine had barbed wire soup once too, Josh......

Name:	IMG_2676 (Small).JPG
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	23969584

Congrats on the buck, Josh.

Better luck next time, Jeffery, and check the ammo since you know Barney won't.
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

WOW what a shot! Congrats Josh!! SO the video was shakey it was a great one!!

Congrats on a great year not so it wasnt necessarly filled w/ alot vension in the freezer but the memories filled in the hearts of you & your family will last forever!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us all!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X