Had a "wow" moment yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a "wow" moment yesterday

Ok, so we have all seen the pic of the rattle snake that is on the end of a 7 or 8 foot long stick and they claim it was 10 foot long and weighed 200 pounds. And it has been killed in every state and the list of things go on.

So yesterday a guy showed me a pic of a copperhead that a friend of his friend had killed on the trinity river, same set up as the rattle snake, he said it was 7 foot 8 inches long and weighed 218 pounds.

There were so many things running thru my mind and trying to come out of my mouth all at the same time that I almost vapor locked. Finally I was able to utter wow. The thing that made this really bad was he actually believed the story and was telling it with conviction.

People are still believing those? Better yet.....people are still taking pictures like that? If you are too scared to lay a tape measurer beside a dead snake or hold it by the tail you ain't got no business jackin with the dam thing.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Glad you didn't go full vapor lock.

Comment

People need to understand that there are people stupid enough to believe anything. That's why it's ok to question stories on the internet. But most people refuse to question the size of any hog, catfish, bass etc...because they don't want to get slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            People need to understand that there are people stupid enough to believe anything. That's why it's ok to question stories on the internet. But most people refuse to question the size of any hog, catfish, bass etc...because they don't want to get slammed.
            I don’t suffer from that illness.

Comment

I used to be a doubter of everything I heard like this. But then one weekend I went scuba diving at the base of the Lake Conroe dam. I saw several catfish as big as a Volkswagen bug. And then I was water skiing later that day and ran right into a nest of water moccasins. There were about 150 of them. I got bit 200 times but a quick thinking vocational nurse cut an "X" through every bite and sucked the poison out before it got to my heart.

So I guess you can say that I take these internet stories pretty seriously now!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I used to be a doubter of everything I heard like this. But then one weekend I went scuba diving at the base of the Lake Conroe dam. I saw several catfish as big as a Volkswagen bug. And then I was water skiing later that day and ran right into a nest of water moccasins. There were about 150 of them. I got bit 200 times but a quick thinking vocational nurse cut an "X" through every bite and sucked the poison out before it got to my heart.

Comment

It's like when people tell you that when hogs "go feral" they suddenly bristle up and grow long, razor-sharp tusks.

Had a guy point-blank tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I told him a pig's skull and bone structure don't change when it's released into the wild.

Comment

Man, that's a big copperhead! Can you share the pics, so I can spread the word????

Comment

any pics of said nurse and any contact info????

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                        any pics of said nurse and any contact info????
                        Yes.

Comment

Was the Volkswagen made by Hot Wheels or could it have been a Match Box?

Comment

They don't lie down there at the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                              Man, that's a big copperhead! Can you share the pics, so I can spread the word????
                              I really wish I would have got him to text me the pic. The only thing I can tell you is it was a copperhead, it was most likely in the upper 20 inch category. There was just so much wrong with the pic. the guy looked to be about 4 foot tall he was so far back, the stick was about 3/4 inch diameter ( that is some kind of stick to hold up a 200 plus pound snake ) Cant say I have ever seen but 2 or 3 copperheads over 30 inches long.

Comment

Working...
                              X