Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150...fuel problem..when filling

2016 F150, wife’s truck
    When filling with gas, it shuts the pump off every gallon of gas, like it’s full?
    Pain in the butt, something is restricting the flow?

My 2015 does that and i have had to make sure the pump handle is straight and not use the highest delivery setting.

Comment

Something probably wrong with the filler neck portion. Nothing that $500 won’t fix.

Comment

My 07 silverado does that also

Comment

Its the Evap system with canister...on my chevy every time...Ford prob got similar system

Comment

My wife's Yukon XL dose that also. Sucks

Comment

Yep. I would go with the vent canister . Just another thing you get to spend some money on.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you always get gas at the same place for the most part? My 2015 F150 will do it too but only at a single pump at the station otherwise its probably the vent or vent hose

Comment

Almost all of our F250s at work did that. The vent canister gets plugged up from dust, mud, etc.

Comment

Where is the canister located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                      Where is the canister located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      x2

My 06 F-150 has had that problem forever, and my 17 Silverado just started doing this about a month ago.

Comment

My Chevy did that my Ford F150 only every once in a while. When I am at a pump that does that I have to pull the pump handle out a bit then not use the the fastest setting. If it is doing it at every single pump she goes to then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

You can pull the evap canister off and wash it out. Look for a YouTube channel on your vehicle I did my 14 Silverado and it helped some.

Comment

I have always had a habit of rounding to the next dollar after the pump cuts off. On my '13 Silverado, it started doing what you are talking about. Come to find out, the vent hose and canister were full of fuel and not working correctly. I started just letting the pump cut off and not adding any more. Finally the canister and hose cleared out and the problem went away.

Comment

My work 2012 F250 does it too...pain in the ***. As stated, it's something to do with the evap system and can be fixed. $$$

Comment

Working...
                              X