Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marathon, Headwaters, Durafit seat cover fading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hear your experiences with them and possible fading issues.. I am in the market for some seat covers for my F350. The leather seats are finally starting to wear with my big butt sliding in and out of them and I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Looks like the Marathon and the Headwaters are similar in price and I can get the Durafits for front and back for the same price as just the front in the other two. All solid style cordura type materials and seem to have good reviews on fit and durability. However, I am seeing some fading reports on them all with the Durafit being more common. The camo fading looks almost like a pink hue you see on a sun bleached popup....

If you have the time, I'm interested in the follow things from my fellow green screeners please ...

-Your brand

-You color: camo or solid

-Your length of time with them

-Your satisfaction or lack thereof

-Fading or not

-Your wait period after order.

Seems Marathon takes awhile.

Thanks fellas..

I've had Headwaters for 3 years on my F250. Krtptek Typhon pattern. Haven't noticed any fading

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
      I've had Headwaters for 3 years on my F250. Krtptek Typhon pattern. Haven't noticed any fading

Thanks for that info....
      Hows the fit?

Comment

It’s not on your list, but I went with CalTrend. At the time, the price was the deciding factor.
        Air Force Digital Camo pattern (gray/blue/white pixelated). Worked best with my interior.
        I believe I’m about 4 years in.
        The entire process from ordering to installation was flawless. I was beyond happy.
        Zero fading to date. The armrest got dirty so I hit it with resolve carpet cleaner and it all came off.
        I don’t recall the wait time but I believe it was several weeks. Definitely shorter than Marathon.

My dad has Marathons on his truck and the only issue he had was the wait time. Going on 6 years without any issues or fading.

My point: I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the options you listed. It all boils down to the pattern you want and how long you want to wait for them.

Comment

I had a set of Headwaters on a 250 for several years. They were camo, fit great, and I had zero complaints! I'm sure they would still be looking great but the truck got flooded and totaled in Harvey. When I need another set of covers they will be Headwaters!

Comment

Put marathons in my 04 when new. Ordered before I bought the truck. They where a different very high definition material then. Traded in 08’ and moved the back ones to new truck and ordered new for front. New (current) material is “better “ but not as high definition (had max 4). 04 had new car smell still... and I’m a dairy farmer lol

Sold 08 in 17’ seats looked like the day I bought it and the 04’ covers in the back seat looked like they were made that afternoon

No experience with headwaters. I’ve heard good things, but super hides are awesome and you can expect 4-5 years of great camo... and another 5+ wear

Comment

Headwaters , Kryptek Raid in my Tundra. One year, no issues and they fit great.
              Attached Files

Comment

Can’t see anyone going wrong with Marathon! Pricey...yes. Wait time...yes. Quality and fit...exceptional!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  Can’t see anyone going wrong with Marathon! Pricey...yes. Wait time...yes. Quality and fit...exceptional!

I know two folks with fading issues. Granted they have had them 4 plus years...So yeah..... not as quick as Durafit buddy which was two years but I’m trying to avoid paying double if they both are going to eventually fade.

I’m just trying to see how common it is.
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-27-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks fellas for the replies so far.

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    Headwaters , Kryptek Raid in my Tundra. One year, no issues and they fit great.
                    Looking great! Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I know two folks with fading issues. Granted they have had them 4 plus years...So yeah..... not as quick as Durafit buddy which was two years but I’m trying to avoid paying double if they both are going to eventually fade.

I’m just trying to see how common it is.
                      Mine have faded. But I think it’s from sliding in and out of the seats. Not a UV or sunlight issue. Not sure how one prevents that. Because the material is as tough as advertised. I’ve had this set on my duramax for about 10 years. I don’t think you’ll find better quality than Marathon, but I’ve been wrong before

Comment

I just ordered Marathons last week. Always heard about the long wait times.
                        Guy that called me back, to confirm order, said I would have them by Aug 15.
                        Kinda surprised me, as I was expecting the 6 to 8 week experience.
                        Maybe they are slow right now right now, I'm not sure.

Comment

I put Marathon on my 2010 when I got it, just sold the truck 2 weeks ago and they still looked and fit perfect.

That said, for the same money you can get Katskins Leather and install them your self.

Comment

A co worker of mine just put used Marathons in his truck he got from another co worker.
                            You can tell the bottom seat on the driver side is faded from wear. The other seats still look like new.

Comment

How hard was it to install that katzkin? I looked in to that myself.

I could get the leather covers for around $600. They wanted $1700 total at the local katzkin dealer for the same covers installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X