TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mexico 2015-2016 (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510655)

santana 08-30-2015 11:59 PM

Need to check but I think were on the 14th ton.... It slowed down a bit last month but its picking up again...... more does visiting stations with fawns!!!!

dc1986 08-31-2015 12:29 AM

Truly awesome pics.Very impressive bucks.Really got it going on over at Rancho Santana!

jtbrock179 08-31-2015 06:51 AM

Looks good Rick do you only feed cotton seed or protein too ?

DPElite 08-31-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtbrock179 (Post 10436628)
Looks good Rick do you only feed cotton seed or protein too ?

He only feeds Cottonseed jt.

LG Mexico Hntr 08-31-2015 08:23 AM

Made a trip this past weekend to Hidalgo. The deer are in good shape and they are still killing protein. It is drying up very, very fast. When I was leaving the ranch yesterday morning and entering Hwy. 2, there was a check point set up in Hidalgo. As I eased closer there where some military, feds and 2 other guys in uniforms that I have never seen before. The 2 guys stopped me and asked to see my passport, they then asked to see my immigration papers??? I told them that I did not understand what they where talking about. They proceeded to tell me they could deport me for not having those papers. One of the guys was very nice and could speak good English, but one was a older man and he was very shady on letting me go. They said they would let me go this time, but next time I would not be so lucky. As I mentioned, they where in uniform(brown pants, white shirt and some kind of patch on their left arm). I'm guessing they where with immigration. Anyway, just wanted to share with ya'll. Anyone else encounter this situation before? Talked with landowner last night about it and he said they are full of it. He said we don't need any kind of immigration papers. He said he would make some phone calls, to who I do not know.

BillyloMexico 08-31-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG Mexico Hntr (Post 10436961)
Made a trip this past weekend to Hidalgo. The deer are in good shape and they are still killing protein. It is drying up very, very fast. When I was leaving the ranch yesterday morning and entering Hwy. 2, there was a check point set up in Hidalgo. As I eased closer there where some military, feds and 2 other guys in uniforms that I have never seen before. The 2 guys stopped me and asked to see my passport, they then asked to see my immigration papers??? I told them that I did not understand what they where talking about. They proceeded to tell me they could deport me for not having those papers. One of the guys was very nice and could speak good English, but one was a older man and he was very shady on letting me go. They said they would let me go this time, but next time I would not be so lucky. As I mentioned, they where in uniform(brown pants, white shirt and some kind of patch on their left arm). I'm guessing they where with immigration. Anyway, just wanted to share with ya'll. Anyone else encounter this situation before? Talked with landowner last night about it and he said they are full of it. He said we don't need any kind of immigration papers. He said he would make some phone calls, to who I do not know.

That sucks!!!

dstrong 08-31-2015 08:28 AM

Don't need papers unless your ranch may be in that zone where you need them but not sure how they would know that if they stopped you on Hwy 2.

Mexico 08-31-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

I've seen the military there but no one else..never those guys. Sounds like a bunch of BS.

LG Mexico Hntr 08-31-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstrong (Post 10436986)
Don't need papers unless your ranch may be in that zone where you need them but not sure how they would know that if they stopped you on Hwy 2.

Correct, we are not in that zone

La Calavera 08-31-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG Mexico Hntr (Post 10437008)
Correct, we are not in that zone

By law hunters do need to have visas even they are not past the checkpoints. Let me look into it but you do need a visa to hunt wherever in Mexico. Brown pants and white shirts are immigration. About 5-7 years ago you received a blank immigration form when Angadi gave you your gun permits and you were supposed to fill it out and get it stamped.

elgato 08-31-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

I've never seen nor heard of anything like that??? I can check with my ranch mgr. if helpful.

KR-oldmexico 08-31-2015 09:32 AM

Ole Trump got em fired up LOL!!!

Amazing Grace 08-31-2015 09:33 AM

That's what I was thinking. Lol

DPElite 08-31-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico (Post 10437299)

Funniest thing I have heard today Keith!!!

La Calavera 08-31-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico (Post 10437299)

lol

LG Mexico Hntr 08-31-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Calavera (Post 10437155)
By law hunters do need to have visas even they are not past the checkpoints. Let me look into it but you do need a visa to hunt wherever in Mexico. Brown pants and white shirts are immigration. About 5-7 years ago you received a blank immigration form when Angadi gave you your gun permits and you were supposed to fill it out and get it stamped.

I asked them about visas. They said they were not talking about visas, only immigration forms. I did not receive any immigration papers 5-7 yrs from ANGADI.

dstrong 08-31-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPElite (Post 10437491)
Funniest thing I have heard today Keith!!!

:D:D

https://www.facebook.com/digibunch/v...2950904499170/

LG Mexico Hntr 08-31-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgato (Post 10437216)
I've never seen nor heard of anything like that??? I can check with my ranch mgr. if helpful.

Rusty, anything would be helpful at this point. Thank You. My landowner is checking into it, but all info. would be welcome. I will let you know what I find out.

Mex. Bowhunter 08-31-2015 01:01 PM

Yall keep them over there on that end

DPElite 08-31-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstrong (Post 10438268)

O M G lmao
Sorry Keith you just got topped by Brother Dean bwaaaahahahaha that shizzz wuz funny

MUltraDeSabinas 08-31-2015 02:06 PM

Good looking deer.

MUltraDeSabinas 08-31-2015 09:11 PM

We are looking at checking guns in the second weekend of sept. Is anyonelse going in then?

Mexico 08-31-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUltraDeSabinas (Post 10440346)
We are looking at checking guns in the second weekend of sept. Is anyonelse going in then?

We're checking ours in next weekend in NL.

MUltraDeSabinas 08-31-2015 09:52 PM

Good deal if you would keep us updated with the progress.

Mexico 08-31-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUltraDeSabinas (Post 10440546)
Good deal if you would keep us updated with the progress.

Yes sir brother will do!

MUltraDeSabinas 08-31-2015 10:48 PM

Thanks

longhorn_cop 09-01-2015 12:22 AM

Tarjeta cafe por los mojados de tejas

Mex. Bowhunter 09-02-2015 03:10 PM

Where you at Fred? You make it home

drop dead fred 09-02-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter (Post 10447262)
Where you at Fred? You make it home

Oh yeah back to the grind! Gettin ready for opener here now. Hate we missed the real good growth, but we doubled up on cams we put out so well cover a lot of country next go round. We're going to have to get feed out soon it's just to dry. Deer are healthy just don't know how Long that'll last everything is turning. And I hope that cat moves on atleast till after I get something. Be pretty sweet to take a lion with a bow!

Mex. Bowhunter 09-02-2015 03:15 PM

Would be a trophy of a lifetime thats for sure

drop dead fred 09-02-2015 03:16 PM

Be fun tryin to get a tag lol don't have anywhere to freeze hide

bukkskin 09-02-2015 05:18 PM

Fred, those are some cool cat pics ;)b

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 10447276)
Oh yeah back to the grind! Gettin ready for opener here now. Hate we missed the real good growth, but we doubled up on cams we put out so well cover a lot of country next go round. We're going to have to get feed out soon it's just to dry. Deer are healthy just don't know how Long that'll last everything is turning. And I hope that cat moves on atleast till after I get something. Be pretty sweet to take a lion with a bow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter (Post 10447281)
Would be a trophy of a lifetime thats for sure

And one heck of a rodeo, if that cat were to turn after the shot and try to get in that pop-up with Fred. :eek: :D

drop dead fred 09-02-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bukkskin (Post 10447685)
Fred, those are some cool cat pics ;)b

And one heck of a rodeo, if that cat were to turn after the shot and try to get in that pop-up with Fred. :eek: :D

My scream would be so high pitched it would be unbearable! Lol I'd also be worried about tracking him after the shot

bukkskin 09-02-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop dead fred (Post 10447704)
My scream would be so high pitched it would be unbearable! Lol I'd also be worried about tracking him after the shot

:D
I'll be chasing one down there this year too. But, I will be high up in a metal blind with my 3-hundy-MAG!!!!;)
Oh and I have a couple freezers down there if you ever need one.

TLM1972 09-02-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

I was asked once for my immigration papers at the checkpoint between NL and Anahuac. I just handed him my passport and visa and kept saying "no comprende, pendejo gringo". They finally just laughed and said go.

I knew what they were saying but thought the visa was all I needed.

Mexico 09-02-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLM1972 (Post 10448998)
I was asked once for my immigration papers at the checkpoint between NL and Anahuac. I just handed him my passport and visa and kept saying "no comprende, pendejo gringo". They finally just laughed and said go.

Probably the best thing you could have said! ;)b

La Calavera 09-02-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Visa and passport is what they're looking for.

drop dead fred 09-02-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

I just wave and keep on driving works every time lol jk don't do that

LG Mexico Hntr 09-03-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Calavera (Post 10449105)
Visa and passport is what they're looking for.

I asked them if they where talking about a visa and he said no. We are looking for immigration papers.

Boonerorbust 09-03-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

What he was really saying was give me 50 bucks