Smoked Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Meatloaf

First meatloaf I ever smoked. It turned out pretty good. 3 hours on the Recteq 590 and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I basted it with bbq sauce for the last 30 minutes. I made 2 small loafs instead of one big one to reduce cooking time. Will do again for sure.

Smoked meatloaf is fabulous. I do them on a somewhat regular basis. They are great stuffed as well

Comment

I've been doing these for quite some time now. Wife makes home meade mashed potatoes to go with it and i always glaze it with bbq sauce the last 45 min or so. Its something no matter what, everyone pesters me to make over and over again. I've gone so far as to put bacon, jalapeño, and load the entire core of it with a log of pepperjack. This of course along with garlic, onion, bell pepper and a meat rub of choice before smoking it with hickory, oak, or pecan...
      Attached Files

Comment

Time and temp gents? Love me some meatloaf.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          Sorry to say that I measured nothing, but here is a general description. 2 lbs. ground chuck, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, A-1 sauce, brown sugar,( green and yellow bell peppers, onion and chopped garlic sauteed before adding to mix), seasoned bread crumbs, 2 eggs, salt, pepper. Cooked @ 180° for 1.5 hours and 275° till an internal of 160° -165°. Between 2.5 and 3 hours total cooking time.

I added a glaze for the last 30 minutes of the cook. It consisted of Head Country Apple/Habanero BBQ sauce, catsup, little bit of apple cider vinegar, little water and honey.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Usually about 3 hrs around 250-275 for me for a 2lb loaf

Comment

That looks amazing!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

I am so trying this. It looks amazing!!

Comment

Wow!
                    I like it.....

From

Rangerexpert