New shoes on the Mule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shoes on the Mule

After looking at a million options for tires I went with the 27x11 and 27x9 -12 Kanati Mongrels. Amazon had a sale a while back and I was able to get them for around 100 a piece. They are more round in profile than I realized.

I will admit the Duros it came with we’re still going strong after three years of West Texas Rocks and South Texas thorns. For that reason I’ll keep them as spares.

To soon to tell if they will hold up but I like that they have more of an all terrain style tread. I don’t do any heavy mudding. In west Texas the tighter tread pattern I hope will keep the petrified sticks out and help grip up more on the rock.

So far I’m happy. Went on without a hitch. When it came to mules I didn’t find to much on these.

Black 12x7, 4/156, 4+3 (12mm) ITP Delta Steel Wheel With 12mm Bolt Holes

This was the Cheap steel wheel I ordered that fit the mule pro fxr bolt pattern. (Spare ).
    Attached Files

Comment

Look good!

Comment

Looks cool.
        Ive a 2017 Mule and have been wondering if taller tires could achieve me more ground clearance without a lift. Are you running taller tires on the stock rims? How much clearance do you have on the back tire and tire well (just in front on the tire)?

Ive done absolutely zero research.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-30-2021, 11:09 PM. Reason: JustInFrontOfBackSpake

Comment

I went with the stock tire size for my machine. Never needed more ground clearance. Since I stayed stock I have plenty of room. I def didn’t need to take the machine up. I hit plenty of tree branches as it is.

Comment

Cool. Thanks. Ive a tendency to bounce off trees with the roof. Kinda helpful actually when running through tight woods.

Comment

I used to run Mongrels on my Ranger EV. They are great tires! I now have a Mule and when this first set of tires wears out, I'l most likely replace them with Mongrels. I honestly don't know why they aren't a lot more popular.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  I used to run Mongrels on my Ranger EV. They are great tires! I now have a Mule and when this first set of tires wears out, I'l most likely replace them with Mongrels. I honestly don't know why they aren't a lot more popular.
                  I saw them on a lot of sport machines but not so many on mules and hunting vehicles.

Comment

New ones prior to going on. Once inflated they had a much more round profile.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X