Hagerman Nocona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Nocona

Has anyone been out there this year? 800 acres, not huge for a public place. thoughts?

PM sent.

Comment

me and a buddy will be out there tomorrow morning

Comment

I may go check it out today. Mid day

Comment

I didn’t know it was open to the public. I drive by it quite a bit and it looks good on maps

Comment

Spanky pointed out to me some major changes since it opened last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post

Just don’t blow it out, otherwise I won’t see anything in the morning haha. But seriously

All kidding aside, my buddy’s been out there before, he said it’s pretty swampy, 8-10” of water In some spots and he didn’t jump anything. It is pretty small and there are a few people at least that hunt it, he found other hunter sign. I don’t have high hopes, just going for the sake of going and trying my new stuff out before the real hunting begins elsewhere. Iv got some wild edge steps I gotta learn to use.

Comment

Its odd they call it Hagerman because its nowheres close... to Hagerman

Comment

The GW out there told me when I visited to scout in Sept that 160 different people hunted it last year(most gun hunters) which was a lot more traffic than they were anticipating. They took a bunch of deer and they closed it to gun hunting after only 1 year. I saw very little deer sign but lots of hog tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats crazy, seem like they almost do this as a case study to see how bad affects the deer population to allow rifle on small public land section like at unit #607.

Comment

Pleasure meeting you Saturday. Tried to send you a PM.....doesn't seem to be working for me

Comment

So they rules at the nocona unit say you can only hunt hogs in September and after general season. Is this in addition to being able to shoot them during the season. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let you shoot a hog during deer season

Comment

So they rules at the nocona unit say you can only hunt hogs in September and after general season. Is this in addition to being able to shoot them during the season. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let you shoot a hog during deer season
                          Because you have to be drawn to deer hunt and an guys not drawn are cheating saying they are hog hunting when they are really deer hunting. They did a similar thing at Lavon corp land, theres no deer hunting allowed there because of a smaller population there but this results in some monster bucks there, after multiple poaching incidents there they just changed to rules to where you can't bow hunt for hogs during deer season just Feburary to September.

Comment

It isn’t a draw area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m talking about the Nocona Unit. It’s public now 822 acres..... wait forget I said anything...no public land anywhere
                              Last edited by SpankyWF; 11-03-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X