2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

That time of the year again! Feeling really good about our chances to win another World Series! “Take It Back”!

We need to sign Keuchel to a one year deal as well as marwin if we can manage!

Comment

I wish they would have signed another starting pitcher, and maybe another bullpen guy or two. And if they could somehow swing a trade for Realmulto...just dreaming

Comment

Marwin they need to let go as not much room left. But I would like them to sign Dallas to a 2-3 year deal as he won't get what he wants in FA

Comment

I'm fine with what the Stros have done this offseason. They can let the prospects fight for the fifth starter spot, of which they have plenty of strong candidates. Learining in the first half of the season whether James or Valdez can start in the bigs has alot of value going forward.

Identify the areas for improvement and do work at the trade deadline.

I'd love Realmuto, but I don't want to give up Tucker or Whitley for only two years of Realmuto. If nobody else rolls over for the Marlins, then maybe a big first half from Bukauskas or someone else will be good enough to headline a trade for him.

Marwin, to me, is not a guy they have room for on the roster even though I'd love to have him back.

Keuchel would be nice to have a second lefty in the rotation and every day he doesn't sign it gets more likely, but it isn't an enormous need. I don't see the Astros offering more than a two year deal.

Comment

If they can stay healthy, they got a great chance as is.

Comment

Looking forward to some base ah ball! Let's Go Stros!

Comment

My projected opening day 25 man roster:

SP: Verlander
                SP: Cole
                SP: McHugh
                SP: Miley
                SP: James

RP: Osuna
                RP: Pressly
                RP: Rondon
                RP: Harris
                RP: Peacock
                RP: Devenski
                RP: Cionel Perez

C: Chirinos
                1b: Gurriel
                2b: Altuve
                3b: Bregman
                SS: Correa
                LF: Tucker
                CF: Springer
                RF: Reddick
                DH: Brantley

Bench: Marisnick
                Bench: Diaz
                Bench: Tyler White (DH against Lefties)
                Bench: Tony Kemp

This is 12 pitchers and 13 infielders. The Astros prefer to carry 13 pitchers commonly, but most teams don't need 13 pitchers when the season starts and all the arms are fresh. If they do go with 13 pitchers, I expect Kemp to be traded and Framber Valdez or Rogelio Armenteros to get the 13th pitcher spot. Other candidates for the last reliever spot are Dean Deetz and Reymin Guduan.

I think they will go with 12 pitchers so they don't have to trade Kemp and they can get Valdez or Armenteros starters innings in AAA.

I think they want to put off trading Kemp as long as possible, but I would expect Marisnick to win the spot because he is a better defensive outfielder than Kemp. Kemp is a valuable player for a contender though because he can play 2b and LF reasonably as well as center or right in a pinch, and obviously is a better bat than Marisnick. The Astros don't want to trade him especially in a situation where they have no leverage because Kemp is out of option years and can refuse an assignment to AAA as well as having to make it through waivers. Kemp would also be the only left handed bench bat for end of game situations.

I could see the Astros signing a reliever between now and opening day as Joe Smith is on the shelf for a few months, but there isn't an obvious target unsigned at this time.

I don't see the Astros adding a catcher unless it is Realmuto.

I don't see the Astros signing a free agent starting pitcher other than
                Keuchel, but a trade isn't out of the question if someone comes available. I guess signing Gio Gonzalez to a Wade Miley type deal and letting him compete for the fifth spot isn't out of the realm of possibility if they think he could be good in the pen if one of the youngsters beats him out.

Comment

Lets go Astros!!!

Comment

We are so ready for some Astros baseball! Come on with the come on....

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      My projected opening day 25 man roster:

SP: Verlander
                      SP: Cole
                      SP: McHugh
                      SP: Miley
                      SP: James

RP: Osuna
                      RP: Pressly
                      RP: Rondon
                      RP: Harris
                      RP: Peacock
                      RP: Devenski
                      RP: Cionel Perez

C: Chirinos
                      1b: Gurriel
                      2b: Altuve
                      3b: Bregman
                      SS: Correa
                      LF: Tucker
                      CF: Springer
                      RF: Reddick
                      DH: Brantley

Bench: Marisnick
                      Bench: Diaz
                      Bench: Tyler White (DH against Lefties)
                      Bench: Tony Kemp

This is 12 pitchers and 13 infielders. The Astros prefer to carry 13 pitchers commonly, but most teams don't need 13 pitchers when the season starts and all the arms are fresh. If they do go with 13 pitchers, I expect Kemp to be traded and Framber Valdez or Rogelio Armenteros to get the 13th pitcher spot. Other candidates for the last reliever spot are Dean Deetz and Reymin Guduan.

I think they will go with 12 pitchers so they don't have to trade Kemp and they can get Valdez or Armenteros starters innings in AAA.

I think they want to put off trading Kemp as long as possible, but I would expect Marisnick to win the spot because he is a better defensive outfielder than Kemp. Kemp is a valuable player for a contender though because he can play 2b and LF reasonably as well as center or right in a pinch, and obviously is a better bat than Marisnick. The Astros don't want to trade him especially in a situation where they have no leverage because Kemp is out of option years and can refuse an assignment to AAA as well as having to make it through waivers. Kemp would also be the only left handed bench bat for end of game situations.

I could see the Astros signing a reliever between now and opening day as Joe Smith is on the shelf for a few months, but there isn't an obvious target unsigned at this time.

I don't see the Astros adding a catcher unless it is Realmuto.

I don't see the Astros signing a free agent starting pitcher other than
                      Keuchel, but a trade isn't out of the question if someone comes available. I guess signing Gio Gonzalez to a Wade Miley type deal and letting him compete for the fifth spot isn't out of the realm of possibility if they think he could be good in the pen if one of the youngsters beats him out.
                      One obvious problem with this. Only 1 catcher. That ain’t gonna happen

Comment

Ready for some baseball big time. Go Stros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, and can we not get butt hurt over some “wrong” pic getting posted and putting the “jinx” on us? There is no “wrong” pic of Kate

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                            One obvious problem with this. Only 1 catcher. That ain’t gonna happen
                            Oops. Stassi, obvi. Bye bye to the most tradeable of Kemp or White.

Comment

Can't wait for opening day, Go Astros!

Comment

Working...
                              X