Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

If you haven’t been paying attention to the NBA yet this year.....or last....let this serve as notice to suggest you check out the boy wonder when you can. The kid can flat out BALL!! His ball handling, ability to create space, vision and shooting is off the charts. It’s pure entertainment I tell ya!

He has put up 33 pts already in the first half tonight at home vs the Warriors. Granted GS is pitifully undermanned with injuries and playing on the 2nd night of a back to back.
    I’ve been trying to pinch myself and asking if he’s for real in his sophomore year....but Luka leads the league in triple doubles so far this year. He’s actually nearly averaging a triple double per game stat wise. He hung 42 on the Spurs the other night in SA for his 6th TD of the year. #7 is in progress.

Oh.....and BTW.....the kid is only 20 years old!!

Yep, believe one day he will be up there with the all time greats.

Comment

Mavs win 142-94. Luka’s line 35pts, 10 boards and 11 ast....in just 25 mins.
      If this kid can stay healthy, who knows what’s in store for the little Mavericks.

Comment

One of the best things about him is that he’s the kind of player that attracts the superstar free agents.

Comment

Not a Mavs fan but a Luka fan. Luka and Porzingis should be able to make a deep run for a title this year and years to follow. He is definitely fun to watch.

Comment

Does he live on the second floor?

Comment

Dirk can go ahead and prepare to take his spot as second best Mav in franchise history if this kid sticks around here for a decade or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                Dirk can go ahead and prepare to take his spot as second best Mav in franchise history if this kid sticks around here for a decade or so.

Eaaaasy now...tap the breaks a little on the Dirk talk. That would require much closer to two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Eaaaasy now...tap the breaks a little on the Dirk talk. That would require much closer to two decades.

Yep. Long way from even entertaining that thought!

Comment

** Un-popular opinion alert **

Granted - he is a special, maybe even generational talent, but I was put off by his over-flopping charades the one game I watched him play vs the Lakers.

2 examples come to mind:

On one play Luka and Howard both went for a loose ball and Howard's chin collided with Luka's head...end result was Howard standing there rubbing his chin and Luka curled up on the floor in the fetal position along with other theatrics. I've been on both sides of those types of collisions and the chin shot is worse every time.

Later, Luka and Lebron are 1 on 1...in the exchange it looks like Lebron connects with Luka's face...Luka flops, and raises his hands in disgust appealing to the Ref...slow-mo replay showed ZERO contact.

I respect his skills immensely, but I have a hard time pulling for a flopper.

That kind of play is what makes Soccer unwatchable for me. I guess it's a European thing.

Comment

Pretty sure Luka had to get stitches after that collision with howard
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-20-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

Granted - he is a special, maybe even generational talent, but I was put off by his over-flopping charades the one game I watched him play vs the Lakers.

2 examples come to mind:

On one play Luka and Howard both went for a loose ball and Howard's chin collided with Luka's head...end result was Howard standing there rubbing his chin and Luka curled up on the floor in the fetal position along with other theatrics. I've been on both sides of those types of collisions and the chin shot is worse every time.

Later, Luka and Lebron are 1 on 1...in the exchange it looks like Lebron connects with Luka's face...Luka flops, and raises his hands in disgust appealing to the Ref...slow-mo replay showed ZERO contact.

That kind of play is what makes Soccer unwatchable for me. I guess it's a European thing.
                        If you only watched him in that 1 game then I suggest that’s a small sample size to form an accurate opinion of his game. I know what you’re saying and agree somewhat in that I’d prefer he kept his belly aching to himself but I wonder if some of that comes with the territory with the European league? Plus, you do realize he received stitches after that game right?
                        Oh...and I’ll remind you, he’s only 20 yrs old.

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                        Pretty sure Luka had to get stitches after that collision with howard
                        EDIT: ^^^this^^^

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

2 examples come to mind:

That was the worst officiated game I have watched since, oh, 2006.

The mavs are sure fun to watch. I see a bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            One of the best things about him is that he’s the kind of player that attracts the superstar free agents.
                            If the free agents are from Eastern Europe.

Comment

He will attract shooters that want him to pass the ball to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X