Upper Guadalupe River Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper Guadalupe River Fishing

Curious what the fishing is like on the river in the Bergheim area. Moving up there next month and the development we are moving to has a few miles of river frontage. Is there any smallmouth or do any trout survive the summers up that way ? Thx

I live down the road and the fishing can be decent for light tackle
    Bass , rock bass / war mouth, perch, channel cats,
    I hear the Blanco River has small mouths, and the devils river too
    Which part of the River? Cordiara , river mountain, or river bend? Those are all NW of 3351
    And what I am more familiar with

I have been thinking of buying a kayak to access more areas on the Guadalupe
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-22-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Waterstone

Comment

We have floated the upper Guad numerous times and fishing can be very good. Caught mostly largemouth bass, catfish and various perch (goggle-eyes included) on light tackle and fly rods. That's a great stretch of the river that gets very little fishing pressure. It is my absolute favorite river to canoe/kayak and fish. Very wild and incredibly scenic for the most part. You definitely have to be mindful of the river flow conditions though. That area can flash flood from rains 50 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          Waterstone
          Yep over by edge falls, I am over closer to sisterdale and you kendaila all good fishing

Fishing during the week is better east of 3351 because loads of tubers float that from the bridge down to edge falls bridge
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-22-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

The trout are below the Canyon Lake dam.

Comment

Have caught quite a few small mouth further up river in the Kerrville / hunt area

Comment

Working...
              X