Questioning neighbor’s stand location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questioning neighbor’s stand location

Yesterday I discovered the neighbor on my lease has a feeder about 20 yds from our bordering fenceline…and a stand about 80 yds out. Looks like a small farm with a house nearby. Seems like bullets would be going over the property line. What’s my remedy here? Talk to the guy? Call GW?

I'd call the game warden. He'll probably go talk to the neighbor. The neighbor hasn't broken any laws but if one of his bullets crosses your fence line he has broke the law.

Comment

Going to be hard to prove if a bullet crossed the fence line, the only remedy is the gut pile method

Comment

I’d talk to the neighbor. May be able to resolve it friendly and easily.

Comment

Talk to the neighbor before calling game warden. Try as hard as you can to maintain friendly relationships before it goes south and you’re stuck next to someone who hates you.

Comment

What Bigred said. You draw more flies with honey than vinegar

Comment

Alot of unknowns here, BUT:
              Personally if I was your neighbor I would set up just the opposite. Blind closer to property line and feeder to interior of my own property.
              Keeps him safe because you shouldn't be shooting over the fence and less of a chance his bullet will leave his property.
              Talk is the best method first, then game warden if you can not work it out.
              If you don't know your neighbor, you need to anyhow.
              Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us updated.

Comment

why is it always someone's first instinct to 'call the GW' for stuff like this ???
                Nothing has happened yet and the GW is just going to laugh at you unless you're reporting something illegal.
                Talk to the neighbor ... and texting doesn't count.

Comment

Put an old deer stand right on the fence directly in line with his stand and feeder. Make sure you cover the back so they cant see if anyones in it. Ive done this multiple times and always takes care of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    why is it always someone's first instinct to 'call the GW' for stuff like this ???
                    Nothing has happened yet and the GW is just going to laugh at you unless you're reporting something illegal.
                    Talk to the neighbor ... and texting doesn't count.
                    Not disagreeing but calling GW first might be able to provide the situation to the GW and be advised on best next step on how to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Going to be hard to prove if a bullet crossed the fence line, the only remedy is the gut pile method

So forget about cordial request or working g it out between men and go straight to Full On A**H***…..

Comment

Just go hunt. He's not breaking any laws. Move your set up if you're unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          So forget about cordial request or working g it out between men and go straight to Full On A**H***…..
                          Yup! I bet a lot of people here are probably those neighbors everyone doesn’t want.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            I’ve asked many times and they all looked at me like I was an idiot and said my property I’ll do as I d*** please. They know what they are doing by putting feeder on fence line to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              I’ve asked many times and they all looked at me like I was an idiot and said my property I’ll do as I d*** please. They know what they are doing by putting feeder on fence line to begin with.
                              That's your neighbor and your experience, his neighbor may be different.
                              You never go to the top in any situation, the neighbor may appreciate the fact you came to them first.
                              You never know someday you and your neighbors may need each others help.
                              If the neighbor does not seem receptive then escalate the issue with authorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X