Getting Started in 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Started in 3D

So I have shot a few 3D “fun” shoots. I would like to get into shooting in 3D tournaments. What do I need to know? How did you get started ? Any advice ?

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
    So I have shot a few 3D “fun” shoots. I would like to get into shooting in 3D tournaments. What do I need to know? How did you get started ? Any advice ?

Keep going to local shoots and talk to guys until you find some that shoot regularly in tournaments. Season is dying down for the year but that gives you time to gear up for next year. Are you looking to shoot in the bowhunter class or do you want to get the long stabilizers and magnified sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As of now I’m just looking at the Bowhunter class. I don’t know that I want to dive in head first with a whole new set up. I could see myself getting a little more in depth down the road.

Comment

As of now I’m just looking at the Bowhunter class. I don’t know that I want to dive in head first with a whole new set up. I could see myself getting a little more in depth down the road.

Then just start shooting more. I take a piece of cardboard, draw a 4” circle on it and draw three smaller circles inside of it to resemble an ASA 10 ring and practice on that. Padgettarchery.com has a ton of good information and he’s really good at teaching even over the phone. High quality info for basically nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great info HighwayHunter! Thanks for the lead.

Comment

Start in hunter class, you will better your range estimation etc and be able to use your existing rig. This is a very competitive class so some never move up but some do, all depends on the person.

Comment

Just take your bow with plenty of arrows, And show early to practice and warm-up, People with experience help to you can shot with confidence in your class, Personally I knew from beginners get the first place sometimes you never know, But I m sure a lot of fun.

Comment

Texas ASA

Texas ASA just posted the 2020 schedule on the website, Texas ASA Federation. Find a tournament you want to attend and go. Tell them when you register that it is your first ASA shoot and they will put you with a group that can show you the ropes.
                The tournaments start at 10:00, get there around 9:00 so you can warm up.
                The ASA family is great and you will make a lot of new friends.
                Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
                Good luck.
                J. Shoot

Comment

Hey Rackstacker - Cowtown Bowmen archery club is less than an hour from Lipan. We have a 30 target 3d "club shoot" once a month from January through May. You don't have to be a member to participate - very friendly bunch of shooters and it would be a good introduction to the sport. We will also host an ASA qualifier in March.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Hey Rackstacker - Cowtown Bowmen archery club is less than an hour from Lipan. We have a 30 target 3d "club shoot" once a month from January through May. You don't have to be a member to participate - very friendly bunch of shooters and it would be a good introduction to the sport. We will also host an ASA qualifier in March.

www.cowtownbowmen.com
                    Jerp sending you a PM.

Comment

Great thread! Been wanting to compete as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X