Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run an gun setupss

What’s everyone running I’ve been looking at lone wolf cop an melli

I used to use a Lone Wolf Assault and 4 Lone Wolf sticks. It was great. Light, easy to set up. Once you develop a system pretty easy to get up the try quickly and not be soaked in sweat.

Comment

I have been running a saddle for 3 years.
      DIY modified Sit & Drag.

I also have a lone wolf assault 2 in the closet, but I haven’t touched it in over 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not a fan of the saddle. It seems people either love or hate them. I am of the later haha.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
          I am not a fan of the saddle. It seems people either love or hate them. I am of the later haha.
          It takes a lot of tinkering to figure out how to get them comfortable for each person. Some people just can't get comfortable in them. I am hoping to try one out this off season and use it for public land hunting next season. The weight savings on a run and gun setup is huge and makes it worth the try in my opinion.

Comment

Lone Wolf Alpha / Lone Wolf sticks or ghost blind.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
              Lone Wolf Alpha / Lone Wolf sticks or ghost blind.

How do you like the ghost blind?
              I have been doing more and more ground sits as I’m finding bucks where there’s no trees. I have an ASAT leafy suit, and am considering a ghillie suit to further improve my camouflaging.

Comment

I like the ghost bind a lot. It is not perfect for every situation but it is portable and effective. It is much better to me than a regular ground blind in that I don't feel cramped and don't have blind spots,

Comment

XOP Vanish XT with Hawk Helium sticks with 2 ft rope aiders on each stick. Normally carry 4 but can cut down to 2 and still get 12 feet if need be. Just added a third hand bow holder this year. Those things are nice!

Molle 2 shoulder straps and a modified ILBE belt to turn the stand into a frame pack. It’s comfortable with stand/pack on it. When you forget your deer cart and lock your keys in the car and have to haul this much weight, it’s not so comfortable.

Comment

Aluminum Rapid rails, NorthStar 24x36 hang-on with adjustable seat that weighs 11.5lbs, cheap steel hang-on, Lone Wollf Wide Sit-n-Climb, Ameristep Intimidator hub blind, two other cheap 60" doghouse style blinds, and and old Archer's Den 7'x7'x60" pop-up that is wheelchair compatible and no longer made (has dual port mesh windows per wall with option to unzip full side), down to one 16 foot ladder stand that I modified with wheels that doubles as a game cart.

Adapt to the situation, and over come.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-20-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I’ve been looking into an assault or xop vanish an there both on back order which sticks do you guys prefer?

Comment

I am running a millennium M7 Micro Lite hang on with the muddy pro sticks. Stand weights in around 8.5 lbs and all four sticks weigh in around 10 pounds. So far I have been very happy with the set up. I will probably be adding a couple more muddy climbing sticks to the setup when they become available again to get me above the 20ft mark.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          I have been running a saddle for 3 years.
                          DIY modified Sit & Drag.

I also have a lone wolf assault 2 in the closet, but I haven’t touched it in over 2 years.

Are there any saddles ready to go out of the box? Or do they always require some diy?

Comment

Originally posted by Noob View Post
                            Are there any saddles ready to go out of the box? Or do they always require some diy?

There are 2 main companies, and both are trying to catch up with unexpected demand over the last few months. Saddle hunting went from a few hundred guys tinkering and DIY’ing to getting a few hundred orders every few weeks, and the companies that produce them are just starting to catch up to volume.

The two main companies are...
                            Aero Hunter (with the Kestrel and Kite)

Tethrd (with the Mantis)

There is a new saddle just starting to become available that is kind of like a frame pack / saddle combo based loosely on the old Guido’s Web saddle. It is heavier than the other two offered, but looks interesting as a backpack replacement and saddle combined. It has the least amount of info available, because the very first orders are JUST getting into people’s hands.

The owner is calling it the JX3 Hybrid
                            Experience the versatility and comfort of JX3 Outdoors hunting saddles and saddle hunting products. Whether you’re hunting from a tree, or on the ground, JX3’s saddle hunting gear will keep you light and mobile.

All three are ready to go systems, all you need is a little practice and a climbing method. You will need to figure out something to stand on. Tethrd offers a small, lightweight platform that looks awesome. You can also use the top of your climbing sticks (which kind of limits your shot angles), you can use strap on steps like Bullman Outdoors steps, you can use the stepp ladder system from Wild Edge, screw in steps, or my personal favorite... grade 8 bolts in holes drilled with the EZ-Kut hand drill.

It is an extremely versatile hunting method.

Comment

Thanks! I've only hunted from the ground, so I might skip the stand and go straight to the saddle.

Great info Ikeman!

Comment

Working...
                              X