Anyone do Septic work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do Septic work?

I’ve had a guy do a couple of inspections on two different properties I was looking at buying- in both instances he has basically suggested it needs a new system. At this point I’m not sure if he’s just trying to get a new system out of us or if this is the reality.first place didn’t work out for other reasons. I have a very detailed inspection report on current property and we love the property, of course owner insists it has no issues. Would someone who does this kind of work mind glancing at my report and let me know if these are real concerns.... and how concerned I should be. I’m willing to walk away if I have to but I don’t want to- I just don’t know enough about these....

If the tank is a cement one , of good construction I would think only the drain lines might need replacing?
    I am not a professional nor live in your county, but I have done some septic work pretty simple stuff

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      If the tank is a cement one , of good construction I would think only the drain lines might need replacing?
      I am not a professional nor live in your county, but I have done some septic work pretty simple stuff
      Thank you- still looking to see if someone’s got a minute to check this out for me. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
        I’ve had a guy do a couple of inspections on two different properties I was looking at buying- in both instances he has basically suggested it needs a new system. At this point I’m not sure if he’s just trying to get a new system out of us or if this is the reality.first place didn’t work out for other reasons. I have a very detailed inspection report on current property and we love the property, of course owner insists it has no issues. Would someone who does this kind of work mind glancing at my report and let me know if these are real concerns.... and how concerned I should be. I’m willing to walk away if I have to but I don’t want to- I just don’t know enough about these....
        I'm a bit confused. If you hired an inspector & you are the buyer, a new system would be on the seller if it didn't pass inspection. What am I missing? Sounds like your inspector is trying to get you a discount from the seller to cover sewer repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
          I'm a bit confused. If you hired an inspector & you are the buyer, a new system would be on the seller if it didn't pass inspection. What am I missing? Sounds like your inspector is trying to get you a discount from the seller to cover sewer repairs.
          Seller will most likely tell me to pound sand- buy the house or don’t. For sale by owner- take it as it is or I’ll find another buyer who will. It’s a great property with some acreage at a good price. I called and got a second opinion off of inspection report and second company said 2-3 grand worth of repairs not new system. I understand your thinking but not necessarily the way it always works.
          Sellers don’t have to fix a single thing they don’t want to, but I can certainly walk. Would still love another set of eyes on it if they’re available. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
            Seller will most likely tell me to pound sand- buy the house or don’t. For sale by owner- take it as it is or I’ll find another buyer who will. It’s a great property with some acreage at a good price. I called and got a second opinion off of inspection report and second company said 2-3 grand worth of repairs not new system. I understand your thinking but not necessarily the way it always works.
            Sellers don’t have to fix a single thing they don’t want to, but I can certainly walk. Would still love another set of eyes on it if they’re available. Thanks.
            Understood. Good luck with your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
              Understood. Good luck with your purchase.
              Thank you sir- wish it was that easy.... in which case I’d be thanking him....

Comment

Working...
              X