X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid 19 — What the Data Tells Us

Covid 19 — What the Data Tells Us

TL;DR version

The Punchline: We got it wrong and now we’re largely tracking it wrong...

Did you know the “new cases” in daily reports are actually “old infections newly reported”??? Most of what is reported is old news and not indicative of what is happening or how we are trending.

We must look at “Date of Onset” to do ACCURATE trend analysis, but the CDC stopped reporting onset data in April.
    Fatality in Context (i.e. Risk): The risk of death for the general population of school and working age is typically in the range of a daily car ride to work. The risk was initially overestimated because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not taken into account. i.e. we’re capturing most of the deaths but only 5–10% of the infections. Risk varies by age significantly. For kids (particularly toddlers), they are ~20X’s more likely to die from the Flu or Pneumonia than Covid. For those over age 70, the risk of fatality is ~2.5% — this is much higher for those in poor health.
    Remember folks, regardless of what side of the line you fall on this, whether it is/was a "hoax"... THIS **** was done methodically, intentionally and with MALICE.

Part II

More detailed

Comment

Color me shocked.

Comment

Every day it’s something new

Between the conspiracy theorist in the PACE and the media
        The point And counter point has been covered
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Between the conspiracy theorist in the PACE and the media
          The point And counter point has been covered
          All conspiracies ain't theories. I guess I missed the part where you refuted those numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            All conspiracies ain't theories. I guess I missed the part where you refuted those numbers...
            It pointless to chase the dragons tail of statistics vs counter statistics, it’s so zero sum

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              It pointless to chase the dragons tail of statistics vs counter statistics, it’s so zero sum
              Ok, I had figured if you were going to take the time and energy to call out others trying to provide some perspective.....you might also have something useful to offer

Comment

The only thing we to be tracking is the availability of hospital beds and ventilators.

The only precaution needed is to protect the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  The only thing we to be tracking is the availability of hospital beds and ventilators.

The msm has proven many times they will never give us accurate numbers on beds and ventilators.

Comment

Also, local politicians are blaming restaurants and bars for the uptick in COVID cases but have not mentioned the protestors and domestic terrorists. Turner and Hidalgo can go ahead and **** right off!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Bingo...everything else is feel good actions that accomplish nothing.

Comment

If masks are so effective, why didn't they just require prisoners to wear them instead of just releasing them?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                          If masks are so effective, why didn't they just require prisoners to wear them instead of just releasing them?
                          From my observations: When they were releasing prisoners the CDC didn't have any masks, so the CDC just said they didn't work all that well. Actually I think it's like 80% that masks are effective, which is pretty good. But the prison release efforts were most likely their making room for protestors. Hospitals are also getting better at treating the more severe cases of Crivid 19 and there's talk about the virus mutating to less sever strains of the virus.

Comment

P***** me off to no end that the media mob will NOT mention the rioters, anarchists and thugs have A LOT to due with spike in cases.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                              P***** me off to no end that the media mob will NOT mention the rioters, anarchists and thugs have A LOT to due with spike in cases.
                              Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X