Pontoon rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pontoon rehab

Thought I would share my project. I picked up a 94' Bass Buggy 18 last week. Came with a 2017 Merc 60 fourstoke with 40 hours and 5 year extension warranty from mercury. I traded a golf cart for it that I had 2k in. So im way ahead. Only reason I did this was for motor value. I now will rebuild the entire boat.

I have ordered:
    New furniture and console
    Vinyl floor
    Led green rope water lights for down sides and middle
    Stereo with 2600 W 8 channel amp 4 8s and 2 10s lol
    New led running lights and pole light
    3 bank charger
    3 batts with boxes
    Bobo thumper
    Wash down kit
    Live well set up to go in one of the new furniture boxes
    8' bimimi top
    26" light bar that i will mount under deck up front for night driving
    3m dark blue auto wrap for panels

Putting on a like new auto deployed TM with spotlock and a Helix 9 with links.

So far I have gutted the boat, stripped stickers and will start polishing all the aluminum this weekend. The floor seems to be good shape. I have to remove all rails and side support to do the floors after polishing.

Should take me 2 weeks to complete.

I will update as I go. I plan to have bout 7k in it when all done. (Not counting cart trade)We will see lol.
    Last edited by Spearchunker; 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM.

Nice. Would love to see before and after pics? Where are you going to put all the speakers? I have a Tritoon and we are upgrading the stereo and I just dont know where I am going to install the 12's. I dont know if I should get bullet speakers and mount to the ski tow bar or put them in a box and put in the storage compartment behind the back seat, in front of the motor. What brand stereo did you go with? WETSOUNDS is what I would like, but that stuff is expensive.

Comment

Before pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Following...

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          Nice. Would love to see before and after pics? Where are you going to put all the speakers? I have a Tritoon and we are upgrading the stereo and I just dont know where I am going to install the 12's. I dont know if I should get bullet speakers and mount to the ski tow bar or put them in a box and put in the storage compartment behind the back seat, in front of the motor. What brand stereo did you go with? WETSOUNDS is what I would like, but that stuff is expensive.

I went affordable route. Planet audio guage style stereo and plye speakers with a Rockville 2600W 8 channel amp. Sorry thoght I went with smaller amp. Had to look on my Amazon order. Plan is all speakers in furniture boxes for now.

Comment

Looks like a fishing machine in the making.

Comment

Sweet DIY project! that motor is awesome. maybe the project will make an appearance at the TBH crappie get together.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                Sweet DIY project! that motor is awesome. maybe the project will make an appearance at the TBH crappie get together.
                I think we will be there. I actually have a place on the water in Paradise.

FYI our club WCCC sunk 70 Christmas last weekend . I do have the GPS cords too.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    I think we will be there. I actually have a place on the water in Paradise.

FYI our club WCCC sunk 70 Christmas last weekend . I do have the GPS cords too.
                    Somebody has a trailer full of interior parts in the parking area at Paradise. Not sure any of it is usable or for sale.

Comment

It belongs to Dennis, and its rough. All new arrives Thursday.

A little more progress today
                      Attached Files

Comment

Crap my first change order. Needs new deck. Pretty soft around edges. Thankfully one of my vendors just donated materials.
                        Attached Files

Comment

im in for the build along. cant wait to see the progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
                            im in for the build along. cant wait to see the progress
                            Thanks, My wife just said i bought a motor and built a boat around it haha.

Comment

i see the new ones have gone to composite materials. are you doing the same or going wood again?

Comment

Working...
                              X