Dog GPS collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog GPS collar

I'm wanting to get a GPS tracking collar for my dog, but I really don't know much about them. What's the best bang for my buck?
    Going to be just a single dog.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Garmin Astro 430/T5 combo works great.

Comment

Love my Garmin tritronics Alpha.
      Had it for 5 years (bought it used from a TBHer...not a single issue.

Comment

I am a huge fan of the Garmin Alpha as well. I have one with 8 collars, a Drive Track and one of the extendable antennas when hunting the mountains.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

I track deer with my dogs and use the Garmin Alpha. They are the most popular tracking collars on the market.

Comment

What kind of actually range do you get with these?
            It'll be used primarily in the south Texas brush.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

So do i.
              I think the manual said 10 miles for the TT.. the tracking/gps is crazy far...ive been 15 miles from her and watched her.

Comment

In South Texas, brush is heavy but terrain is flat. You should get a couple of miles on the regular antenna and perhaps 8 or more on the extendable handheld or longer antenna roof mounted. The 10 miles they quote is line of sight. I use the TT-15 collars.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

I just bought the alpha and t5 mini for my jack russel, it hurt at $649 but was the cheapest I have seen anywhere. I couldn’t find a mini collar alpha combo used. The piece of mind will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X